Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Transfering record from ListGrid to TreeGrid

I am trying to simulate the drag and drop from ListGrid onto a TreeGrid. When I drag and drop using a mouse, FolderDropEvent is fired just fine. If I use a TransferImgButton and call treeGrid.transferSelectedData(sourceListGrid), it does not fire FolderDropEvent and I can't figure out which event it actually fires. Record is being copied to a TreeGrid but I can't process it without FolderDropEvent.

Thanks,
    Henry

A good time to upgrade perhaps - in 3.1 there is a callback to transformRecords and also a DropComplete event.

Comment

We are on 3.1, about 2-week old nightly build. Thanks for the tip on the DropComplete - it's definitely useful, it doesn't quite work for my case though.

I need to intercept the drop event before it completes and do some processing like fetch children from the server, set additional attributes and a bunch of other stuff - operation pretty much requires converting records (from dropEvent.getTransferredRecords()) to TreeNodes. And FolderDropEvent has a convenient getNodes() call.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X