Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

What does "creating new inactiveEditor context for a cell without..." really mean?

We're seeing this odd error message when hovering over a custom editor in a list grid:

Code:
    WARN:inactiveEditorHTML:isc_ListGrid_7:creating new inactiveEditor context for a cell without having cleared the previous one. 
        Class.getStackTrace(_1=>undef, _2=>undef, _3=>undef, _4=>undef)
        ListGrid.getInactiveEditorCellValue(_1=>Obj{ID:118001}, _2=>1, _3=>3)
        ListGrid.getCellValue(_1=>Obj{ID:118001}, _2=>1, _3=>3, _4=>undef)
        ListGrid.cellHoverHTML(_1=>Obj{ID:118001}, _2=>1, _3=>3)
        [o]GridBody.cellHoverHTML(record=>Obj{ID:118001}, rowNum=>1, colNum=>3)
        GridRenderer.$48o(_1=>Obj{ID:118001}, _2=>1, _3=>3)
        GridRenderer.$48n(_1=>1, _2=>3)
        [c]Hover.$5v()
        [c]Class.fireCallback(_1=>Obj, _2=>undef, _3=>Array[0], _4=>[Class Hover], _5=>true) 
        on 
        [Class Timer]
        [c]Timer.$jz(_1=>"$j4577")  anonymous()  "isc.Timer.$jz('$j4577')"
    So far were unable to track it down. Given this error message we don't really have a clue where to start. Any hints? How does the message need to be "decoded" i.e. interpreted?

From the stack trace, it appears the issue here is (roughly speaking) that the ListGrid is attempting to write out the edit-item HTML into the hover prompt for the cell and leading to a situation where there could potentially be confusion about mapping from the live DOM element back to the associated FormItem instance in memory.

As far as we can tell, you'd only be seeing this if alwaysShowEditors is set to true on the grid and cell-hovering is enabled.
    You can probably resolve this issue by disabling grid-level hover prompts. If you do want a prompt to appear for your custom edit item, you should be able to achieve this via settings at the formItem level rather than on the grid

We actually plan to automatically disable the listGrid level hover prompts by default for cells showing edit-items when alwaysShowEditors is true which will avoid this issue in the future.

If this assessment doesn't seem to square with the situation in your live app, we'd probably need to see a runnable test case to comment further

Thanks
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Woah, this is great! Thanks for the thorough explanation. I'm sure it'll bring us closer to fixing this.

Comment

error still appears

Thx for the info. But i couldn't get rid of this error.

i tried
        Code:
        getGrid().setCanHover(false);
        getGrid().setShowHover(false);
        You are talking from "disabling grid-level hover prompts".
        Is there something else i have to do?

SmartClient Version: v9.0_2013-07-03/LGPL Development Only (built 2013-07-03)

Comment

I'm facing the same when I enable "alwaysShowEditors". This issue logs a lot of warnings in the developer console and seems to slow down the component in production mode.

Comment

Working...
          X