Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to setup latest IntelliJ IDE for use with SmartGWT

So, up to now I've been using Eclipse for SmartGWT based coding and while it works fine, my IntelliJ license sits idly by unused..

I see that a handful of people here are using IntelliJ and I was wondering if someone can outline the steps needed in order to :

1) Get SmartGWT code completion if at all possible
    2) Use IntelliJ as a debugger
    3) Use IntelliJ as a project builder using whatever is available (maven,etc)

Any pitfalls or things that just plain don't work??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. It's also been a while since I've used SmartGWT/Eclipse and I need to get back on the bandwagon ASAP!! Any advice/help would be appreciated!

Bump! Too bad this forum doesn't support PM'ing people -- if so, I could directly ping those people here that I know have used IntelliJ in concert with SmartGWT..

So, to start things out I installed IntelliJ 11 last night (demo) since my license is for the 10.x version.. I started to create a project from existing sources but got stuck at the prompt for what SDK to select (JSDK, Android, Flex and about 2 others -- nothing of which sounded remotely correct).. Any ideas on what to use here or just skip that setting?
    Last edited by Rick.F; 2 Nov 2012, 07:29.

Comment

I'm using Idea, but you're asking for some kind of guide. It's too much for me.

Using Idea with SmartGwt is pretty straightforward just like any other web-project + gwt module (and such kind of things are covered in Idea's help)

If you have any concrete preblems - you're free to ask, i'll try to help.

Comment

Thx! I will try to get my way through and am hoping I can document the steps here in one way or another.. I don't do web development all that much so my brain is a bit rusty..

Comment

Working...
        X