Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

MiniDateRangeItem and SelectItem: Image Icons moved

Hi,

the icons of the FieldItems "MiniDateRangeItem" and "SelectItem" are not displayed correctly. This seems to be a chrome bug. Firefox displays the icons at the right spot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	displayErrorsChrome.png
Views:	102
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	247969

Version: SmartGWT 6.1d LGPL
    Build: Version: 30 June
    Browser: Chrome 60

Code:
                MiniDateRangeItem dateRangeFromTo = new MiniDateRangeItem( CItemSupplyEmails.edit_date, "Abgabedatum");
                dateRangeFromTo.setWidth( "*" );
                dateRangeFromTo.setTitleOrientation( TitleOrientation.TOP );
    What else might help... I am using:
    Code:
            Canvas.resizeFonts( 0 );
            Canvas.resizeControls( 0 );

Thanks
    Andy

Last edited by andyx1975; 31 Jul 2017, 00:52.

Removing the following HTML Tag also seems to solve this issue:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html>

Comment

Looking here, we do not see the claimed problem with the MiniDateRangeItem sticking out of the FilterEditor or the SelectItem picker icon being misaligned - this is probably because you have an old build.

We do see what appears to be a little extra space after the RelativeDateItem before the date picker item, but this is not browser-specific, and if you look in the density that Tahoe is designed for (Expanded/Spacious) this looks appropriate. We probably will not try to fix this in a general way, as there are several ways in which the larger padding and iconography of Tahoe doesn't scale well down to "Dense" density, but you could use the AutoChild system to reduce this spacing if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
        Looking here, we do not see the claimed problem with the MiniDateRangeItem sticking out of the FilterEditor or the SelectItem picker icon being misaligned - this is probably because you have an old build.
        SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2017-07-30/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-07-30)
        Chrome on OSX

Well, it's a bit strange, actually if you change the density to 'medium', you'll see that the picker icon of the SelectItems is misaligned, but only in the skin/density selectors:

Name:	2017-07-31 23.07.48.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	247994

also using the smartclient showcase, the selectItems in this sample
        http://www-demos.smartclient.com/sma...crease=4&dhc=1
        appear correctly aligned, while the skin and density selectItems aren't:

Name:	2017-07-31 23.11.02.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	247995

instead, in this sample:
        http://www-demos.smartclient.com/sma...crease=4&dhc=1
        every SelectItem appear misaligned:

Name:	2017-07-31 23.13.39.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	247996

Comment

Well, this is even more strange:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdk48yBCQzw
          1. Refresh the page.
          2. If I go to the #filterBuilderBracketFS sample, I see the icons misaligned.
          3. Then I go to the #variousControls sample, and the icons are correctly aligned.
          4. If I navigate back (using the browser's back button) to the #filterBuilderBracketFS the icons are correctly aligned!
          5. Refresh, and the icons are misaligned, again.

I have no clue of what's going on...

Comment

Hey... sorry first at all... I typed the wrong version into my post... I used 30. July... not 30. June. So my version was up to date.

You are right the mentioned problem does not appear in the showcase and it was not present in your builds some days ago. It is also not present in Firefox. Just in Chrome/Opera. It also appears under Linux Mint and Windows 10. But as mentioned before removing "<!DOCTYPE html>" also helps to fix this issue for now!

Comment

Hi Andy,
              We've fixed a general problem with vertical alignment of icons in Chrome which resolves the consistently reproducible issues here (for example the Skin and Density select items' icon positions).

We believe the "intermittent" issue your describing here is also resolved as a result of this change.
              Please try the next nightly build (Aug 4 or above) and let us know if you can still reproduce it. If so give us whatever concrete steps you take to see the problem (screenshots are also helpful) and we'll take another look at whatever issue is still occurring

Regards
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hello, the problem with vertical alignment is fixed for me, but it remains the horizontal misalignment of the MiniDateRangeItem icons, visible in the screenshot of the first post, which I also described here: http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...ith-tahoe-skin

Comment

We believe we've addressed this issue. Please try the next nightly build, dated Aug 8 or above.

If it does persist, let's continue on the other thread since that's dedicated to the one issue (horizontal placement of the RelativeDateItem icons) only.

Regards
                  Isomorphic Software

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                    Hi Andy,
                    We've fixed a general problem with vertical alignment of icons in Chrome which resolves the consistently reproducible issues here (for example the Skin and Density select items' icon positions).

We believe the "intermittent" issue your describing here is also resolved as a result of this change.
                    Please try the next nightly build (Aug 4 or above) and let us know if you can still reproduce it. If so give us whatever concrete steps you take to see the problem (screenshots are also helpful) and we'll take another look at whatever issue is still occurring

Regards
                    Isomorphic Software
                    Thanks this seems to be fixed now!

Comment

Working...
                    X