Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Quickly load large amount of datasource files?

Hi,

We have a large project and downloading all the datasource files (.ds.xml files) with a clear cache can take several seconds on the intial page load. Is there a way to bulk download the datasource files to optimize the page load speed? For subsequent page reloads, the datasource files are cached, so it isn't an issue then.

Hi,

do you use one DataSourceLoader call per DS? If so, yes, you can comma-separate them like in the BuiltInDS example.
    If not, how many DS and KB are you talking about?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
      Hi,

do you use one DataSourceLoader call per DS? If so, yes, you can comma-separate them like in the BuiltInDS example.
      If not, how many DS and KB are you talking about?

Best regards
      Blama
      Hi,

We are already comma separating them in the BuiltInDS, although we are still making 47 calls to the datasource loader (so they aren't all comma separated on one line). There are about 270 datasources that we are loading in during initialization. The total file size is just 100-200kb. Maybe it would simply be better to put them all on the same line.

Comment

Hi,

yes, you should definitely do that, as long as you don't run into this problem (last point). I'm loading 160 .ds.xml and I'm still good with only one HTTP request.
        If you care about optimal load, I'd also see this thread. In combination with this, my load time for a subsequent view of the application is down to 3 uncached requests (5kb) while still updates of the application work perfectly.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X