Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Issue exporting to client with export filename containing single quote characters.

Isomorphic,

I am using the following code to export as pdf to the client. This works fine unless the export filename contains more than one single quote character.

Code:
    DSRequest requestProperties = new DSRequest();
    requestProperties.setExportDisplay(ExportDisplay.DOWNLOAD);
    requestProperties.setExportFilename("MyChart");
    RPCManager.exportContent(AbstractChart.this, requestProperties)
    Without single quotes in the export filename, the HTTP request URL looks like this:

Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:8888/sandbox/sc/IDACall/MyChart?isc_rpc=1&isc_v=v10.1p_2017-03-11&isc_tnum=68
    With single quotes in the export filename (e.g 'My'Chart), the HTTP request URL is truncated:

Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:8888/sandbox/sc/IDACall/'My
    The HTTP response has the following exception:

Code:
    java.lang.Exception: Non-RPC request ignored.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.parseRequest(RPCManager.java:2105)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.&lt;init&gt;(RPCManager.java:370)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.&lt;init&gt;(RPCManager.java:350)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at com.isomorphic.servlet.IDACall.processRequest(IDACall.java:147)<BR>
    SmartClient Version: v10.1p_2017-03-11/Pro Deployment (built 2017-03-11)
    Chrome Version: 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks.

It works with double quotes but these are encoded in the request URL.

Code:
    http://127.0.0.1:8888/sandbox/sc/IDACall/%22My%22Chart?isc_rpc=1&isc_v=v10.1p_2017-03-11&isc_tnum=104

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Do you have an update on this? Is it possible to escape single quote characters in the export filename or do they need to be removed/replaced.

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. No, single quote characters should not be escaped or removed, there was a bug. It is fixed now and will be available for download in nightly builds since Aug 10 (tomorrow). Let us know please how it worked for you.

Comment

It works with the Aug 10 build. Thanks!

Comment

Isomorphic,

I've done some additional testing and there appears to be an issue with using / or \ characters in the export filename as well. In this case, the request URL looks to be generated correctly, however, there is no content-disposition header in the response.

Code:
            HTTP/1.1 400
            Content-Length: 0
            Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 13:52:53 GMT
            Connection: close
            Thanks.

Comment

This is due to Tomcat not allowing encoded slash characters in the request URL for security reasons.

Comment

We'd reached a similar conclusion just now - it doesn't appear that there's anything we can do client-side as we have already encoded the character correctly, and server-side, Tomcat stops the request before it reaches our code.

So if you want to allow this character it will require a Tomcat settings change.

Comment

Working...
                X