Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RealTime Messaging Module not detected SmartGWT 6.1

Hi,

I am trying to update our project from smartGWT 5.1 to 6.1, but the Realtime Messaging module is seemingly not detected:
    WARN:Log:Attempt to use Messaging APIs without the optional Realtime Messaging module. Verify that your license includes this optional module and that you have included the necessary client and server-side components in your project.
    I have tried multiple builds of 6.1 Power Edition up to the latest: v11.1p_2017-08-16 (2017-08-16).
    Using the same process for SmartGWT 6.0 works fine.

Have any setup or build details changed between 6.0 and 6.1?

The Messaging module is a separate download. Make sure you have downloaded it, installed it per instructions and run GWT compile after modifying your .gwt.xml file.

Comment

I downloaded both archives. The project runs fine on version 6.0 with the same setup. The failure specifically happens on 6.1 even following the exact same procedure to update as I did for 6.0.

Comment

Nothing has changed in the setup procedure.

Start with basic troubleshooting: the messaging module comes with a .js file ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js, so, do you see your application loading it? If not, depending on how you are running, you may have forgotten to include a <script> tag (or wiped out the file that had the <script> tag during your upgrade process).

If the file is not even on disk in the first place, you skipped the GWT compile (as we mentioned).
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 11 Sep 2017, 13:04.

Comment

Hi,

Did that advice fix the issue for you?

I have the same issue - it worked fine in version 6.0 though after updating to 6.1.

In Chrome developer tools I can see as it always has it is loading "ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js". Has it now changed to "ISC_Messaging.js"?

Interestingly if I load all the scripts from "modules-debug" instead of just "modules" messaging loads and works fine. Annoying as I wanted to load the debug scripts to try and work out why it wasn't loading!

SmartGWT_6.1p SmartClient_v11.1p_2017-09-10/PowerEdition Deployment

Java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempt to use Messaging APIs without the optional Realtime Messaging module. Verify that your license includes this optional module and that you have included the necessary client and server-side components in your project.

Comment

Sorry, the file is called ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js. We've fixed our post above to reflect this.

Continuing with basic troubleshooting: you see the request, but was it successful? Is it loading *after* the other files such as ISC_Core.js? Is there a JavaScript error? Does the version of the ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js file match the version of the other modules?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance. I have also just tried it in Firefox and I get the same issue.

I have attached a screenshot showing the load order. Everything gets a 200 success message and everything comes after loading "ISC_Core.js". No javascript errors at all in Chrome or Firefox, it gets a few warnings (about document.write) .. and then it reaches the warning posted in the previous message. I have also attached a screenshot.

Loading the JS files in a new tab .. shows them all starting with the same build date:
              SmartClient Ajax RIA system Version v11.1p_2017-09-10/PowerEdition Deployment (2017-09-10)
              &amp; SmartClient Ajax RIA system Version v11.1p_2017-09-10 (2017-09-10)

I am guessing the next thing to do will be to build a small test case here, sorry - normally I would do that first... was trying to save time if namlin had the same issue.
              Attached Files

Comment

You should also check that your SmartGWT .jars match the build date of your JS files.

Finally, you may (somehow) be running application code that attempts to use the Messaging module *before* the JS file loads. If you find that it works to delay the code until later (eg trigger it via a button), then this is the problem.

Comment

Hi,

I did try adding a "connect" button earlier .. using the new button I found I could now get the same warning / exception to be displayed multiple times.

Hope this is what you meant - I have been through comparing hashes and file dates in my deployment to hashes in your distribution package. I found two issues, but neither has fixed it.

Turns out I had a file called "isomorphic_cdi.jar" that I haven't updated for months. opps.

I also noticed two files are packaged in the SmartGWT package and also included the messaging package:

isomorphic_realtime_messaging.jar
                  isomorphic_js_parser.jar

They have the same dates but different times/hashes .. I have been using the ones from the messaging package (as I load it last) .. is that correct? But alas switching to the alternate versions did not fix the problem either.

Thanks,

Comment

[Deleted]
                    Last edited by Isomorphic; 14 Sep 2017, 08:02. Reason: Post exposed framework internals

Comment

We've applied a fix for this issue in SGWT 6.1p/SC 11.1p and newer releases. It will be in the nightly builds dated 2017-09-15 and beyond. (We also removed the discussion of hacking Framework internals, as it's not a valid solution to this problem.)

Comment

Thanks for fixing the issue, apologies if I posted too much information here. After a while not making any progress at all, I really thought I was doing you guys a favour showing that it was an issue with the code and not my deployment of it. Would you have preferred me to have communicated it to you via email?

I did notice something else, the copy of the Realtime Messaging messaging code I would expect to be able to deploy has a section in the header saying that it is not for deployment. I have looked for but cannot find a separate "DEPLOY" package?

Comment

Where are you seeing the file that says it's "not for deployment"? You mean we're including it as part of the SGWT zip package?

Comment

My current build process is trying to package it for distribution ... when I have been careful to not include any development resources.

If I extract "messaging.jar":

The file listed below has the warning:
                            com/smartgwt/public/sc/modules/ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js

and the following file also has the same message: (which I would expect)
                            com/smartgwt/public/sc/modules-debug/ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js

Thanks

Comment

We're looking into it. Looks like the problem also affects other Framework files in our SGWT EE package, such as ISC_Core.js.

Comment

Working...
                              X