Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Editors for transient fields and ordering the fields

Hi,

While using sql connectors , we use ds.xml to fetch the data and populate the grid , how can i specify the order of the display of the columns as required (apart from changing the order in ds.xml)

Also like i have a variable which is derieved from the foreign key relation of other table , but when i try to edit it , it is not editable as like other fields coming directly from the table

<field name="test_id" foreignKey="Test.test_id" joinType="outer" relatedTableAlias="testa_1" />
    <field name="testText" includeFrom="Test.test_name" includeVia="test_id" width="130"/>

Hi,

Originally posted by marwan12 View Post
    While using sql connectors , we use ds.xml to fetch the data and populate the grid , how can i specify the order of the display of the columns as required (apart from changing the order in ds.xml)
    See the ListGrid samples in the showcase.

Originally posted by marwan12 View Post
    Also like i have a variable which is derieved from the foreign key relation of other table , but when i try to edit it , it is not editable as like other fields coming directly from the table
    Not possible out of the box, obviously. An UPDATE operation only affects one table.
    Most likely you could do that with canEdit=true and an DMI on the main DS redirecting the edits for that field to the child DS. But this is either bad table design or will result in a bad GUI.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Both answers correct, but..

On the first one, better to see the QuickStart Guide, Data Binding chapter.

On the second, read the full docs for dataSourceField.includeFrom to see how to set up an included field as a displayField for an FK field, where the FK field is meant to be editable.

Comment

Working...
      X