Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Improvement suggestion: BatchUploader previous/next error buttons

Hi Isomorphic,

it seems that BatchUploader jumps to the 1st erroneous row if you upload a huge list where some rows have errors.
    As you already do this and also have all data available in the ListGrid, could you add "Previous error" / "Next error" buttons, which scroll the next entry into view?
    The buttons should be disabled if there is no error. I'd place them next to "Upload" or perhaps in the same vertical position to the very right.

Best regards
    Blama

Your suggestion is implemented and available for download in latest 12.0d nightlies. Please let us know how it worked for you.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks a lot. I can see them here and look forward to using them in 7.0.
      Please note that in the SmartGWT sample the buttons always stay gray.

Also, when using the default supplyItemTest.csv-file, one can click "next" (and afterwards "previous") only once, even though the file has three errors (I'd expect to be able to click twice).
      Can you also select the row in question? This makes it easier to see the affected row. The existing selection should not be important in Batch Uploader. Also one will then definitely scroll right in a wide ListGrid if the error is not visible in the viewport.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

We've made some changes, please take a look and let us know how it worked for you. Available in nightly since Sep 7 (today).

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I retested with v12.0d_2017-09-11. For me, the buttons and row selection are now working in both, SmartClient and SmartGWT.
          I noticed the following:
          • Using the buttons does not only select the rows, but also enters edit-mode. This is good itself, but a problem in combination with the next point.
          • Using the buttons to go to the prev/next entry shows a "Validating" window. This is also the case if entering edit mode and switching rows with "Arrow Up"/"Arrow Down"-keys, when the row has an error - even if no changes where made. IMHO validation should only happen when there were changes in a row.
          • Even if errors are fixed, "Prev"/"Next" buttons will jump to those rows - it seems the erroneous rows are not fetched "live" on click, but fixed once after the upload returns. Erroneous row and fields should be fetched "live" on click. The feature itself, that the 1st field with an error gets the focus, it great.
          Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

as this is in 7.0d, this is not urgent at all, but did you see #5?

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Yes, we did see this. We'll keep this thread updated.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

as you announced here that you are currently preparing the release of 12.0, can you update the status of this one? Did anything change here? A quick check shows that the issues from #5 are still open.

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

The #5(3) is fixed and available in latest nightly build. The #5(2) is still open and most likely won't be included in 12.0 release.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I retested today. Please see this two issues using v12.0p_2018-04-07:

1) Last row with error is only available once as "jump to next"-target:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Last error-item only once.gif
Views:	85
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	252751

If a row has two errors and you fix one, still that cell is activated by Prev/Next:

Name:	Not marking 1st error in row.gif
Views:	82
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	252752
                    This does not happen if you fix the error before in the CSV - then "units" is correctly marked.

Generally it might be good if Prev/Next don't jump to the prev/next row with error but to the prev/next cell with error (perhaps in the same row). This is what I would expect if I wanted to fix the errors in a huge (=wide) Upload Form, where I might not see the error on the right, as this would involve horizontal scrolling.

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

Your suggestion to switch prev/next navigation from row-based to cell-based is satisfied. You may check it out.

Issue 2) from #10 is fixed, but issue 1) from #10 was not reproduced. Considering prev/next navigation is significantly re-worked, please confirm if issue 1) is gone or it is still there.

Changes will be available for download in nightly builds since Apr 20 (today).

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I retested with v12.0p_2018-04-21. I can see that the jumping is now cell-based. The problem with the jumping is still there, though.

Please see this video, where I upload the sample file provided by you and click "next" until it gets grayed out. Then the same for "previous", then "next" again, ...
                        In the end, the buttons get disabled after only one click.

Name:	BatchUploader prev next jumping error.gif
Views:	70
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	252950

Best regards
                        Blama

Comment

This is fixed now and will be available for download in nightly builds since Apr 25 (tomorrow).

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

no change here for me using the sample with v12.0p_2018-04-25.

Best regards
                            Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is still open using v12.0p_2018-06-14. I will switch to 12.0 in approx July, so this is not super important to me, but it would be good if it got fixed eventually.

Best regards
                              Blama

Comment

Working...
                              X