Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

IDACall 404 error / transport error

Hi

My app gets a 404 error calling the IDACall servlet. I read a lot about this but not found the solution. We have not defined the IDACall servelt in our web xml. I read that must be.

But: We have a running installation without this!

I try to debug my app with eclipse, tomcat 7 and firefox (including the gwt plugin).

Question:
    - It must be possible to run an app without IDACall servlet. I think this is true because we have an app who do this. Is that right?
    - If yes I think another servlet take the job if IDACall. Could that be?
    - How is the configuration if we have another servlet? I mean where have I to configure that? In the web xml of the web app? Or os the configuration somewhere in Tomcat? I think it must be in the web app.
    - Maybe an lowercase or uppercase problem of the URL?

The original installation is not from me and I try to config my environment to debug this app. I searched for hours, but I don't find the point.

I thank for every hint.
    Hans

Hi Haenu,

I'd look in the working apps Browser's F12 tools and reload some data. You will see some request. The target of that request must somehow be mapped in web.xml. That class then could extend IDACall, so you don't find that string in the web.xml. If the client request is pointing to another server (unlikely) you must have a 2nd project for the server part.
    If you are unsure if really the web.xml you are looking at is the correct one, break the xml and see if the application still loads after a server or application restart.
    Please note that the client does not necessarily talk to IDACall, it could also be RESTHandler or even a non-SmartGWT server. But if you are using SmartGWT it's server component, it is highly likely that you are using IDACall.
    To find this out, see what version are you using in the Developer Console or at server startup (LGPL, Pro, Power, Enterprise).

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Working...
    X