Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TextItem cursor not shown in Chrome

I'm having issues with TextItems (and other text-based input methods) when using Smart GWT 6.1p and Chrome.

When I open my GWT app for the very first time, no input fields show a cursor when focussed. You are able to enter text, but the cursor (vertical line) is not shown at all. Pressing F5 to refresh the application does not help. Opening Dev tools, or re-opening the browser tab, does resolve the issue. In order to replicate the issue afterwards I have to fully clear the browser which I achieve by reverting to a snapshot of the workstation VM. This implies that it is cache or cookie related.

Obviously this is very annoying for new users of the application. However I am unable to debug anything as merely opening dev-tools directly resolves the issue..

Is this behavior familiar to anyone here? I'm not quite sure how to approach this..

Thanks!

Hi Xandrios,

I did not notice such behavior using 6.1p. Which nightly are you using? Does it also happen in the online showcase?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thanks @Blama!

So I have experimented a bit more. The same behavior is now also displayed with one of our older SmartGWT applications that still uses version 5.0. Since the application code itself hasn't been touched for at least a year, I have to conclude that a recent update of the Chrome browser has caused this - both for new and old versions of our SmartGWT application.

The Showcase application does not show the same issue though. Which either means that this issue has been resolved in the SmartGWT version that runs in the showcase, or, the issue only appears in a very specific setting/configuration that only we are using.

It does sound to be specific to us; I'm unable to find any reference to such problem online. But at the same time I'm unable to debug this at all..

Comment

It turns out this was in fact a Chrome bug. I have seen it happening on various websites and applications (also not-smartclient based ones). The latest Chrome update resolves the issue.

Not sure why nobody else has noticed this issue over here - it was extremely common, and happening on a bunch of popular websites :)

Comment

Working...
        X