Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Tabbing on a TabSet

Hello,

I have this case where I have a TabSet with a few tabs where I need to have keyboard access to the tabs. Using the default settings the user can tab to the tabset and all its tabs. However the tab sequence is as follows:

1) the tab-bar
    2) 1st tab
    3) 2nd tab

I want to disable tabbing to the 'tab bar' as it has no added value and introduces another action for the user before he can access the tab he wants.

I tried 'setTabBarProperties' on the tabset with the focus and/or tabIndex disabled bit no luck - this completely disabled tabbing to the tabset tabs.

How can I skip the intermediate tab step to what seems to be the tab-bar (while tabs remain accessible to tabbing)?

thanks
    jan

This is currently not an entirely straightforward change to make due to the way tab-bars are implemented.
    We will have a developer look into this and see how much work it's actually going to be as we agree the current behavior isn't ideal, but no ETA on this yet.

If this is a particular priority for you let us know

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thanks for that, we consider this important but it is obviously not a show stopper. Did you manage to make an analysis of the work yet? Would the fix be included in the current release or would this be 4.0 only?

Comment

At this stage we still don't have an ETA for this fix. There are various other tasks of higher priority we need to address first, so we won't be able to get to it immediately.

Our plan would be to resolve this in 4.0 only, as it's likely to involve a not insignificant rework of some tab-order management code which would have the potential for unexpected side effects so we'd rather not perform the work in the patch branch.
        Once we have a concrete solution in place and it is well tested, depending on how deep the rework turned out to be, we could look at whether patching across to 3.1 is feasible.

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi,

we have had complaints about this issue by some customers.
          Do you have an ETA for the fix.

In the showcase demo application for SGWT 4.1 it still persists.

Best regards,
          Manuel

Comment

Sorry, but this is a relatively obscure, high effort tweak that only you want (we have not had even a single additional user ask for it, and it's definitely not superior to the default behavior for most apps).

If you want this done in any particular timeframe, Feature Sponsorship is the right approach to take.

Comment

I understand that it doesn't have a high prio for you.

I was asking, because somebody of your team has already posted in this thread that it might be changed in 4.0. This was your reply on an "additional user" asking for it.

Comment

As it turned out, the other user chose not to change the behavior since it would be a mismatch to Windows and other common systems, and would be worse if there were more than two tabs.

But again, we can see that it could work better in certain applications that have just two tabs, so we would still accept a Feature Sponsorship here.

Comment

Working...
                X