Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Edit Hilites dialog displaying unnecessary scroll bars

SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2017-09-05/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-09-05)

Browsers: IE11, Chrome, FF

Upon selecting an Available Field, a scroll bar will appear in the dialog, even though all the controls fit (See image attached). I can't find any css styling that would cause this behavior. Is there something that would cause the dialog to compute an over sized width? Do you have any suggestions to remedy this issue?

Thanks
    Attached Files

This looks like it's happening only in your highly customized skin.

The starting point for anything like this is to use the Watch Tab to look at component sizes and find whatever is causing the overflow, then drill down to subelements.

As far as the overall cause, we would guess that you changed a component default somewhere which is ultimately causing unexpected sizing in this dialog.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I'm taking my best shot here…

I used the Watch tab to drill down to the editHiltesGrid_hiliteEditor_hiliteRule_hiliteForm component, which I believe is the culprit. The total draw size is 340w x 30h, which puts it outside of the modal window, but the internal components only occupy a total width of 240px.

Examining the DOM (see attached) reveals that there is a colgroup element in the table, which defines 6 col elements with their widths summing to 340px. The table itself only contains 4 td elements.

Note we don't provide any icons (by calling ListGrid.setHiliteIcons()) which removes the Icon Hilite component from this control. This might explain why the component wanted to draw the extra col elements, which ultimately could be causing the scroll bar to appear.

Thoughts?

Edit: grammar
      Attached Files
      Last edited by bbaker; 13 Sep 2017, 10:17.

Comment

I've reproduced this in our sandbox. I don't believe there is any custom styling here. Just click the 'Edit Hilites' button and add a field.
        Attached Files

Comment

Any update on this issue? Thanks

Comment

Apologies for the delay on this one - we're looking into it and will get back to you shortly.

Comment

This has been fixed for builds dated September 21 and later - the inner form will no longer overflow in this case, so you won't see a scrollbar.

You may still need to resize the outer grid.hiliteWindow autoChild if you see blank space after the form.

Comment

Thanks, that fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                X