Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dynamic Form with Accordian

I want to create an Accordian in DynamicForm which will be used as a Tile in TileGrid component of SmartGWT. When I add any layout in dynamic form : tile grid does not show any tile. When I add formitems in dynamic form it shows all the tiles. Is there any bound on using layout in dynamic farm.

No, there is no such limitation.

If you suspect a framework issue, we need to see a test case that reproduces the problem.

Comment

public class CardDetailTile extends DynamicForm{

public CardDetailTile(){
      SectionStack sectionStack = new SectionStack();
      sectionStack.setVisibilityMode(VisibilityMode.MUTEX);
      sectionStack.setWidth(300);
      sectionStack.setHeight(350);
      VLayout layout = new VLayout();
      DynamicForm d1 = new ProjectTile();
      DynamicForm d2 = new ProductSelectorTile();
      SectionStackSection section1 = new SectionStackSection("Blue Pawn");
      section1.setExpanded(true);
      section1.addItem(d1);
      sectionStack.addSection(section1);
      SectionStackSection section2 = new SectionStackSection("HTML Flow");
      section2.setExpanded(true);
      section2.setCanCollapse(true);
      section2.addItem(d2);
      sectionStack.addSection(section2);
      layout.addMember(sectionStack
      addChild(layout);
      }

in Above class adding VLayout as a child in DynamicFOrm.

public interface CardSelectorTileFactory extends BeanFactory.MetaFactory {
      BeanFactory<CardDetailTile> getCardDetailTileFactory();
      }

creating a tilegrid using below class but it does not show anything on screen "No Tiles to show" message comes up.

public class CustomTileGrid extends TileGrid{

public CustomTileGrid(DataSource cardViewDataSource) {
      setDataSource(cardViewDataSource);
      //setAutoFetchData(true);
      GWT.create(CardSelectorTileFactory.class);
      setTileConstructor(CardDetailTile.class.getName());
      }
      }

Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Again, we need a test case that reproduces the problem, not just partial code. The problem is often in the code we don't have.

See the Debugging overview for advice on creating test cases.

Comment

I can not write test case now as I am not sure about the components to use. Attached image has my requirement
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Query.png
Views:	82
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	249373
          Looking for your suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Comment

We have no idea the behaviors that you think might be implied by this screenshot. It literally shows a couple of horizontal lines and a scrollbar, and could be any type of component, with any kind of behavior.

It appears you were trying to use a SectionStack previously, and there are no known bugs or limitations with the combination of a TileGrid and a SectionStack. So again, if you've decided that a SectionStack seems to meet your requirements, and you are having a problem using SectionStack with TileGrid, we need a minimal, ready-to-run test case that reproduces a specific framework problem.

Comment

In above pic I mentioned that it is section stack(Accordian) item which looks like horizontal lines.
              In Section Stack we can have multiple section stack items. Every horizontal line is a section stack item in above pic. I am trying to use section stack with Tilegrid.
              ** Data From Datasource : represnts the data which will be appear in section stack item in above pic.

I have given you code in above comments which is not working and clearly mentioned that it does not show any tile.

Could you please help me with any example of TileGrid with SectionStack.

Comment

As we just covered with post #4 above:
                Again, we need a test case that reproduces the problem, not just partial code. The problem is often in the code we don't have.

See the Debugging overview for advice on creating test cases.

Comment

Got another way to implement sectionstack with dynamic form. thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
                  X