Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

editable listgrid with textarea

hi,

we have a listgrid and we use setAlwaysShowEditors(true) and one row must be shown as a textarea. But if I add the following code:

ListGridField governmentField = new ListGridField("government", "Government", 175);
    TextAreaItem textAreaItem = new TextAreaItem();
    textAreaItem.setHeight(70);
    governmentField.setEditorProperties(textAreaItem);

than the textarea-editor is only shown, if I click into the cell. So the property alwaysShowEditors=true is ignored on that column.

Is this supported, or maybe we have set another property which interferes this?

(we have a big smartgwt-application with smartgwt-5.0-2015-08-20).

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-11_10-18-02.png
Views:	153
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	249638
    Regards,
    Marco
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mf; 11 Oct 2017, 00:21.

TextAreaItems are not currently supported in alwaysShowEditors:true ListGrids. We may be adding support for this in the future (but unless explicitly sponsored for back-porting) it would be unlikely to be applied to anything other than the development branch.

An alternative approach that might work for you instead of using TextAreaItems editorType is to call dataSourceField.setLength() for the field in question and set the length to a value greater than 255 (the default 'longTextEditorThreshold' for ListGrids)

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

I could fake it, by setting the style of the column, so it looks like an input-text-field-area. And setting editOnFocus=true.

Comment

Working...
      X