No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Tab element style is overriding custom base style in Chrome

Browsers: Chrome
    SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2017-10-06/LGPL Development Only

After rolling to the version above (from v11.1p_2017-08-03/LGPL Development Only), the Tab class is getting a border-radius property applied to the element, which is overriding our top left/right radius CSS settings. The element styles are only getting applied in Chrome.

Please see and compare the attached images.

Thanks
    Attached Files

This gets into implementation details a little but - for various reasons Buttons (and Tabs) use a DOM structure where the specified css-class is applied to a table-cell element embedded within a div. In Chrome (as of version 61), a native change was introduced which required us to modify this structure. In addition to applying the specified css class to the inner table cell, we explicitly extract the border and box-shadow attributes and apply them to the parent div (and set them to "none" on the table cell to avoid doubled border styling).

Ultimately this suppression of the border-radius on the element you indicate is intentional, but should not cause any visual problems as the border and border radius should be applied to the parent element in the DOM.

If this is not happening for you - if you're getting a bad appearance, can you share:
    - a screenshot of the poor rendering
    - whatever code specifies styling for the tabset tabs
    - the actual css for the tab in the state where the problem appears [EG ".tabOver", etc]

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

I was able to reproduce the issue in our Sandbox. Attached are the requested screenshots, our sample java class, and the sample css used to style. Thanks in advance.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I'm just wondering if this is getting looked into.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the nudge - this is not forgotten but we don't have an update for you yet. We'll follow up soon

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've now made a change which should address this issue. Please try the next nightly build dated October 20 or above

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi
              I'm using smarggwt 4.0p and Chrome(62). I've faced same issue and I used nightly builds release on following dates.
              4.0p 2017-11-29 2017-09-20
              But still issue is remaining. Please look into this.

Comment

Working...
              X