Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

6.1p: Missing Serverside API DataSource.getProperty(), getObjectProperty() etc to work with custom properties and attributes

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm still figuring out how to document my API (like I was here) and doing the following:
    • Check all .ds.xml for operationBinding with apiAllowed=true via XPath
    • Get DataSource from DataSourceManager for those .ds.xml.
      • Output DataSource information via your Java-API
      • Output DSField information via your Java-API
      • Output operationBinding information via XPath, as they are not available via Java (see linked thread above)
    • Free DataSource
    This is working fine so far. As your .ds.xml format is extensible you offer DSField.getProperty() (and getObjectProperty(), getListProperty(), getMapProperty()).
    You also write this in the class description:
    Contains accessors for all documented DataSource properties and a general getProperty() API for retrieving your own properties for custom DataSource implementations.
    I use this for an <explanation>-tag at DSField level. Now I want to do the same on DataSource level, but the methods are not there. Could you add them here as well?

Also, the Javadocs for DSField are broken in getObjectProperty(), so the docs afterwards are not formatted correctly anymore.

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

These APIs already exist - on BasicDataSource. All the DataSources that server-side application code works with or creates are BasicDataSources; think of DataSource as an abstract base class that application code doesn't need to worry about.

We will fix the unclosed HTML tag in the docs however.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

OK, so I just cast the result of DataSourceManager.get() to BasicDataSource. That's convenient :)
      Please note that the getObjectProperty() docs there have the same formatting issue.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

The unclosed HTML tag in the docs has been corrected. Please try the next nightly build, dated November 12.

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see that the both the docs (DSField, BasicDataSource) are fixed.

Thank you & Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

as update, it's only fixed in 6.1, not in 5.1/6.0.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see that the docs are now fixed also for the other versions.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Working...
              X