Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hovers for cubegrid FacetValues?

Is there a way to turn on hovers for CubeGrid FacetValues, or is this not currently supported? It seems that cubegrid.setHoverCustomizer() only works for data inside the grid, and not the FacetValues along the edge of the grid.

As an example with the below picture, this would be a hover when your cursor is over "Chairs".

Click image for larger version

Name:	hover_facetvalue_Example.png
Views:	79
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	250285
    Last edited by user316; 9 Nov 2017, 11:19.

Appropriate APIs exist for the CubeGrid, but they are not currently exposed in SmartGWT. We'll get them added, but it will take some time - as much as 2 weeks.

In the meantime, you could access the appropriate SmartClient APIs via JSNI if you are comfortable with that - the specific API is CubeGrid.facetValueHover.

Comment

Could you please give a brief example of how to override facetValueHover using JSNI for a cube grid? I am familiar with JSNI but not with overriding event handlers like this.

Comment

We would really only recommend trying the JSNI route if you're already comfortable with it, as there are several nuances. If you want to get started learning it, we'd recommend first playing with SmartClient samples so you see how a method override looks in pure JavaScript, then look at the SmartGWT wrapper code for CubeGrid (CubeGrid.java) and look at how the customizer is set up for setHoverCustomizer().

Comment

Apologies for the delay on this one - as of builds dated December 15, you can call CubeGrid.setFacetValueHoverCustomizer() passing a FacetValueHoverCustomizer whose hoverHTML() method returns the content for FacetValue hovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
            Apologies for the delay on this one - as of builds dated December 15, you can call CubeGrid.setFacetValueHoverCustomizer() passing a FacetValueHoverCustomizer whose hoverHTML() method returns the content for FacetValue hovers.
            Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

It appears these hovers only work for the facet values on the left of the rows. How can I add hovers for the facet values on the top, i.e. per column?

See screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	column hovers.png Views:	1 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	255686

I am currently using SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2018-07-19/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2018-07-19)
              Last edited by user316; 29 Oct 2018, 11:23.

Comment

You're right - the hover was being initiated correctly, but then cancelled incorrectly by downstream code in a ListGrid override.

It's been fixed for builds dated November 1 and later.

Comment

Working...
                X