Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Calendar Spacing issue while using dateControl.

Hi Team,
    I have integrated Calendar control in our application with date enable in it. But datepicker control always takes blank space at the bottom of the calendar. Due to which, if I am placing any Layout beneath calendar control there is a lot of blank space. And once I click the datepicker button everything works fine and blank space gets omitted. But when the page is loaded for the first time it again comes with blank space. I am attaching the snapshots also. Please help me in solving the issue.
    Attached Files

Please see the FAQ to understand the basic information you need to post, in order to make it possible for others to help you.

Comment

Hi Team,
      We are using GWT 2.8.1 and SmartGWT 6.1 power version.
      We have to implement Calendar Control along with datepicker in it.

I have integrated Calendar control in our application with date enable in it. But datepicker control always takes blank space at the bottom of the calendar. Due to which, if I am placing any Layout beneath calendar control there is a lot of blank space. And once I click the datepicker button everything works fine and blank space gets omitted. But when the page is loaded for the first time it again comes with blank space. I am attaching the snapshots also. Please help me in solving the issue.

/**
      * Initialise calendar in home calendar view.
      */
      private void initializeCalendar() {
      calendar = new Calendar() {
      @Override
      public String getDayBodyHTML(final Date date, final CalendarEvent[] events, final Calendar calendar, final int rowNum, final int colNum) {
      StringBuilder returnStr = new StringBuilder(Integer.toString(DateUtil.getDisplayDay(date)));
      if (events != null && events.length > 0) {
      for (CalendarEvent event : events) {
      returnStr.append("\n").append("<div class='calendar-events'>").append(event.getName()).append("|").append(event.getDescription())
      .append("|").append(event.getAttribute(ProjectTaskDSConstant.USER_FIELD)).append("\n").append("</div>");
      }
      }
      String eventStr = returnStr.toString();
      return eventStr;
      }

@Override
      public String getCellHoverHTML(CalendarView view, Record record, Integer rowNum, Integer colNum, Date date, String defaultValue) {
      StringBuilder stringBuilder = new StringBuilder();
      stringBuilder.append(" ").append(DateUtil.getDisplayHours(date)).append(":").append(DateUtil.getDisplayHours(date));
      return record.getAttribute("name") + stringBuilder.toString() + record.getAttribute("description") + record
      .getAttribute(ProjectTaskDSConstant.USER_FIELD);
      }
      };

calendar.setEventHoverHTMLCustomizer(new EventHoverHTMLCustomizer() {
      @Override
      public String getEventHoverHTML(CalendarEvent calendarEvent, EventWindow eventWindow) {
      StringBuilder stringBuilder = new StringBuilder();
      stringBuilder.append(" ").append(DateUtil.getDisplayHours(calendarEvent.getStartDate())).append(":")
      .append(DateUtil.getDisplayHours(calendarEvent.getStartDate()));
      return calendarEvent.getName() + stringBuilder.toString() + calendarEvent.getDescription() + calendarEvent
      .getAttribute(ProjectTaskDSConstant.USER_FIELD);
      }
      });
      calendar.setShowDayView(false);
      calendar.setShowWeekView(false);
      calendar.setShowOtherDays(false);
      calendar.setShowDayHeaders(false);
      calendar.setCanCreateEvents(false);
      calendar.setShowAddEventButton(false);
      calendar.setDisableWeekends(false);
      calendar.setCanEditEvents(false);

calendar.setMaxHeight(560);
      calendar.setMinHeight(560);
      this.addMember(calendar);
      this.setMaxHeight(560);
      this.setMinHeight(560);
      calendar.setID(IDsConstant.HOME_CALENDAR_VIEW_CALENDAR_ID);
      }
      Attached Files

Comment

You can use the Watch Tab in the Developer Console to figure out what widget is occupying that blank space.

If you want a widget to occupy only 560 pixels (as your code attempts to set in multiple ways), then you simply set overflow:hidden, and the widget will be exactly that size.

We have already taken a look and the Calendar sizes as expected in a quick test, so, if you need further help, please show a minimal, ready-to-run test case where a Calendar widget is using more space than you have configured.

Also, you didn't note your specific build, but you should test this against the latest 6.1 build from smartclient.com/builds.
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 15 Nov 2017, 23:15.

Comment

Thanks, Admin
          By setting Overflow Hidden on Calendar control, my problem get resolved

Comment

Working...
          X