Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

MultiComboBoxItem setOptionOperationId not respected

Hi Isomorphic,

trying to replace a SelectItem with setMultiple with MultiComboBoxItem I found that MultiComboBoxItem does not respect setOptionOperationId.
    Please see this SmartClient sample based testcase (all of v10.1p_2017-11-17, v11.1p_2017-11-17, SNAPSHOT_v12.0d_2017-11-16):

Working, Operation fetch<testOperationId> in Developer Console:
    Code:
            { name:"itemId", title:"Item", editorType:"ComboBoxItem", optionDataSource:"StockItem", optionOperationId: "testOperationId",
              valueField:"id", displayField:"description" },
    Not working, Operation fetch (without <testOperationId>) in Developer Console:
    Code:
            { name:"itemId", title:"Item", editorType:"[B]MultiComboBoxItem[/B]", optionDataSource:"StockItem", optionOperationId: "testOperationId",
              valueField:"id", displayField:"description" },
    I think I reported the same issue for ComboBoxItem a long time ago, but can't find the respective post.

Best regards
    Blama

optionOperationId is not a documented property on MultiComboBoxItem, so this would not be expected to work. You can set optionOperationId via comboBoxProperties.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

OK, thanks. Reading the class docs for MultiComboBoxItem I understand this, but it is not that easy to get in Java. SelectItem and ComboBoxItem also don't define optionOperationId - like MultiComboBoxItem they inherit it from FormItem, but there it just works.

It is clear to me that it is not possible for you warn for every non-supported API call on parent-class methods, but perhaps some solution is possible, but I don't have an idea besides override it, don't doc the override and warn from the override.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

We've made a change which should address this issue, so now optionOperationId is a documented property on MultiComboBoxItem in both the 12.0 and 11.1 branches. Please try the next nightly build, dated Nov 21 or above.

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
        X