Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ComboBoxItem's pickList scroll changes onFocus/mousedown in screen reader mode

1. SmartGWT Version: 6.1-p20171127; SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2017-11-27/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-11-27)
    2. Browsers: FF 25+ and Chrome (cannot reproduce in IE11)
    3. N/A
    4. N/A
    5. No JS error but FF did show this link in the console during one attempt to reproduce the issue: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...linked_effects
    6. Sample code attached.
    7. Definitely think we found a bug, not sure how to setup the test case since this involves a mouse click.

To reproduce:
    1. Load up the attached file
    2. Open the ComboBoxItem's pickList
    3. DO NOT click in the pickList, instead use the mouse wheel to scroll down about 100 or so items
    4. Click a near-bottom item
    5. Note that onMouseDown the picklist will scroll-up a few lines so that when you onMouseUp (to fully trigger a click) the item you initially mouse'd down on is not the same as the one you mouse up on; it an be a bit finicky so a couple attempts may be needed.

This only happens when screen reader mode is enabled. While disabling it seems to resolve the issue we need it enabled as a result of various contractual obligations.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PhoenixClearwater; 28 Nov 2017, 15:35.

This kind of problem can result from non-skin CSS that causes row heights to render larger than expected.

Can you reproduce this if you remove all non-framework CSS and just use a standard skin?

If so, with what skin are you seeing this problem?

Comment

I can reproduce it exclusively using the attached file and the stock Enterprise skin. I can attach my index.html file if you'd like but it's as bare a skeleton as I could get it. I didn't want anything interfering with the test if I could help it.

Comment

We're reproducing this issue and have a developer looking at it. We'll follow up once this is resolved

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Awesome! Thanks.

Comment

We've made a change to address this issue. Please try the next nightly build dated Dec 1 or above. Fix has been applied to 11.1p / 6.1p and 12.0d branches

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
            X