Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FilterBuilder localization issue

SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-12-05/LGPL Development Only (built 2011-12-05)
    Firefox 16, French Locale

There are 2 issues. One, the first dropdown list is too narrow to fit the labels in. I couldn't find any way to change the width programmatically.

The second issue concerns the label "between" which hasn't been translated. The rest of the filter labels have been properly translated.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Please try a more recent version.

Comment

I am a bit confused... I have changed my pom to use 3.1. The jars are downloaded. I cleaned everything and rebuilt.

why does it say : SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-12-05/LGPL Development Only (built 2011-12-05) in the dev console ?

But with 3.1, I'm seeing the same behavior as originally posted.

Thanks!

Comment

Make sure you're getting code from smartclient.com/builds, that you have run a GWT compile and clear the browser cache after restarting the browser on a blank page.

Comment

OK, had a dangling dependency in a linked pom.
          So now, with v8.3_2012-11-20/LGPL Development Only (built 2012-11-20)

Now the between is correctly translated. However:

Matches other field (case insensitive) and
          Differs from field (case insensitive) both have not been translated.

That dropdown list is not wide enough to show the selection once selected...

The dropdown with Satisfait tout, Satisfait certains and
          Ne Satisfait aucun do not fit either.

As well "Ne Satisfait aucun" should not have a capitalized "S" on Satisfait.

Do you have any french speaking people doing the localization for you? I am more than willing to give a hand if you want.

Thanks again Isomorphic

Comment

Take a look at this thread, which provides info on how you can add additional translations to the language pack (or correct other's translations).

Note that, unless you can make the translation more compact (as it is in English), you'd need to use the skinning system to make the drop-down wider - this isn't covered in language packs - see the Skinning Guide.

Comment

Great for the translations. I sure will have a look at it.

But I wonder why the dropdown would have to be fixed width... Isn't there any way for them to be adjusted according to the size of the largest label ?
              A sort of setAutoWidth ?

Comment

Not an automatic setting - it's usually not desirable (because data is dynamic, and the set of options may also be very large). But if you wanted to take this approach, you could measure the width of similarly sized text and apply that as a skinning setting on the fly.

Comment

I understand when the dataset is large. This one is small. It's debatable which is the best way to do it, but it's not too bad if skinning can be done in a simple manner.

You mention on the fly skinning ? I was aware of the method to copy everything, modify the skin, repackage it etc. But how do I change such a particular detail on the fly ?

Comment

The Skinning system uses JavaScript. Everything is "on the fly" in JavaScript. Just change the defaults via JSNI before creating any components.

See also Canvas.setDefaultProperties() for a way to do analogous on-the-fly skinning in pure Java, but note, it doesn't apply here because you're skinning an AutoChild.

Comment

is there any way that I may access the sub child in javascript?
                      I am getting used to the way smartgwt interfaces with javascript so it's not a big problem. But are the attributes exposed in any way usable ?

Comment

Yes there is. Sounds like you haven't read the Skinning Guide yet - that's next.

If you're comfortable with JSNI you can also directly read the SmartClient Reference and use the documented APIs of the underlying SmartClient runtime.

Comment

Agreed. And yes I'm very comfortable with JSNI.

Thanks for your guidance, it's appreciated.

Comment

MrHighTech,

Earlier, you asked "But I wonder why the dropdown would have to be fixed width... Isn't there any way for them to be adjusted according to the size of the largest label ?
                            A sort of setAutoWidth ?"

Can you share your solution?

Comment

Working...
                            X