Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid filter not working when final character deleted

I have a ListGrid (for selecting things) with filtering that needs to exclude records from another ListGrid (showing what's been previously selected).
    I create a criteria using NOT_IN_SET on the previously selected item IDs, and pass that to the selection grid.
    The selection grid successfully excludes the previously selected items, but filtering has a problem.
    Filtering works as I type characters. It works as I delete characters until I delete the last character.
    Deleting the last character doesn't trigger the filter, so the displayed items remains the same as when it had one character.

I've tried a variety of things, shown below, but so far no luck.
    What am I missing?

Here's how I create the grid...
    Code:
       private static ListGrid createGrid(Criteria crit) {
           final ListGrid grid = new ListGrid();
           grid.setDataSource("MyDataSource");
           grid.setWidth100();
           grid.setHeight100();
    //        grid.setInitialCriteria(crit);// <-- no filter on final char delete (one or more char OK)
    //        grid.setCriteria(crit);// <-- no filter on final char delete (one or more char OK)
    //        grid.setFilterEditorCriteria(crit);// <-- no data initially, filters but crit is ignored.
    //        grid.getFilterEditor().setInitialCriteria(crit);// <-- gets an error on `getFilterEditor()`
    //        grid.setFilterByCell(true);// <-- no effect on issue - e.g. with `setInitialCriteria(crit)`
           grid.setAutoFetchData(true);
           grid.setShowRollOver(true);
           grid.setFilterOnKeypress(true);
           grid.setLeaveScrollbarGap(false);

return grid;
       }
    Here's how I create the criteria...
    Code:
       private static Criteria createFilterCriteria(ListGrid grid) {
           ListGridRecord[] records = grid.getRecords();
           String[] ids = new String[records.length];
           for (int i = 0; i < records.length; i++) {
               ListGridRecord r = records[i];
               String id = r.getAttribute("id");
               ids[i] = id;
           }

Criteria c = new Criterion("id", OperatorId.NOT_IN_SET, ids);

return c;
       }
    Thanks,
    -chris

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-08-09/Enterprise Deployment (built 2016-08-09)
    FireFox 57.0.2

You are a year and a half behind on patches, so start there. If you still have the problem after getting up to date, turn on the "ResultSet" log category for more information.

Comment

Just following up. Tested this with version 6.1-920180103 and could not reproduce the issue.

Comment

Working...
      X