Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Scrollbar not showing in firefox, works in ie8.

1.smartgwt-3.1d-20121022.jar

2. firefox 16.0.2 and ie 8

final SectionStack sectionStack = new SectionStack();
    sectionStack.setShowResizeBar(false);
    sectionStack.setVisibilityMode(VisibilityMode.MULTIPLE);
    sectionStack.setAnimateSections(false);
    sectionStack.setOverflow(Overflow.VISIBLE);
    final HLayout layout = new HLayout(0);
    final DynamicForm form = new DynamicForm();
    form.setNumCols(6);
    form.setWidth(600);
    form.setColWidths(175, 50, 50, 300, 0, 25);
    TextAreaItem anchorText = new TextAreaItem("abc", "def");
    anchorText.setColSpan(2);
    anchorText.setWrapTitle(false);
    anchorText.setWidth("*");
    anchorText.setEndRow(true);
    anchorText.setStartRow(false);
    anchorText.setLength(4000);
    anchorText.setHeight(30);

On firefox the scrollbar for the anchorText field will not show, shows on ie8.

If I comment out the setHeight, scrollbar shows in firefox (of course the text area is rather large in height).
    OR if I set overFlow to AUTO it shows, however the form is condensed down so I have to use a scroll bar to view the other elements (besides anchorText)

Nothing, not even a twitter? Tough sub...

Comment

It's not clear from your code sample what widgets are where (SectionStack is defined, but no sections added, and Form, HLayout and TextArea are also defined but not placed), so I'm not sure this will be of much help.

BUT - I've had much better success controlling the overflow within a parent layout. That seems to work cleanly across browsers in all cases we've tried.

So, for example, if I wanted to have the TextArea have a scrollbar, create a VLayout, set the VLayout to the desired size, and set overflow to AUTO on THAT widget. Then don't worry about overflow on the TextArea and then add the TextArea to the VLayout. The net result is that the TextArea will grow in length as needed, and the VLayout will create scrollbars if it needs it. That seems to create HTML that is handled cleanly by all browsers.

As I said, your question wasn't totally clear, so I'm not certain this applies in your case, but it's how we handle all our scrollbar requirement.

Comment

Working...
      X