X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Combo box does not filter for first time

Hi Isomorphic Team,
    We are using the ismorphic version : 6.1-p20170724
    my current functionality uses SmartGWT.
    We are using Google chrome browser latest version.

We have implemented combo box item as editor in list grid for a list grid field. We have set autofetchdata for that combo box to false due to performance issue. Now while typing in combo box for first time it shows full list of data without any filtering.We want to show only filtered data for first time also.

Note: We can not set autofetchdata to true. Please help us if there is some other way around to achieve this.

Hi preeti_kanyal,

did you already try this API?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

The normal setting of autoFetchData for a ComboBoxItem is false, so your setting is useless. We are seeing that the (unnecessary and redundant) setting of autoFetchData to false does break filtering in some way, and we'll check on that, but this doesn't affect your usage, as you should simply remove this setting.

Comment

Hi Blama

Yes i have tried this also. But my problem is whenever i open this first time it shows me full list of data regardless of minimum search length. This is due to autofetch = false, If I set this to true then it is working fine but in my implementation i can not set this property to true.

Isomorphic I have removed this property from my implementation. Now with normal setting of ComboBoxItem my application is behaving same as before.

Scenario are as mentioned below with normal setting of ComboBoxItem:
        1: Type first character. full list will be shown and now delete typed character and again type one character but this time also full list is shown.
        2: When we type two character with normal speed then filtering is performed accurately. Now delete 2nd character and filtering will be done accurately corresponding to 1st character.
        3: When we type two character with high speed then also filtering will be not performed and full list will be shown

Comment

You can easily see that this does not happen in samples, for example, go here and make the first select in the databound use case into a ComboBoxItem instead. You can see that filtering works as expected.

So, you must have some additional setting or override in place that is breaking this - possibly a wrong implementation of getPickListFilterCriteria(). Let us know if you find any evidence of a framework issue here.

Note also: we previously said that setting autoFetchData:false caused a problem, even though that setting is useless. In fact it doesn't cause any problems, we had a separate issue in our test code that made it look as if that setting was an issue.

Comment

As i can see there is no ComboBoxItem in your given example. Please help me if i am looking into something wrong.

Comment

Hi preeti_kanyal,

the link Isomorphic sent in #5 is for SmartClient, the Javascript base of SmartGWT. There you can change samples without recompile, just replace editorType: "SelectItem".

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Working...
              X