Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid cell losing the focus when editing the value in the cell and pressing Enter key

Hi Isomorphic,

My SmartGWT version is: 'v11.0p_2017-07-24/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2017-07-24)'.
    My application is using SmartGWT + Spring + Hibernate

I am using a ViewListGrid and have a ListGridField in that. I am trying to enter data in fields (that aren’t drop down fields). When I enter a value in ListGridField cell and hit enter, That cell should be focused. But when I move my cursor I can see that it’s not focused any longer. If I click on the cell and hit enter a second time(without updating/overriding the existing value in the cell) the cell remains focused.

I have done some sort of R&D on this and searched for some property with the help of which i can edit the value in a listGrid cell and hit enter, after which the cell should remain focussed.

So, is there any property through which i can achieve this thing here? Need help.

Hi preeti_kanyal,

do you want multiple lines in the TextItem? Then TextAreaItem might be the better solution?
    Did you also see this API?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Team,

Thanks for the suggestion above but the suggestion given above doesn't seem to be in context with the issue i am facing. I am trying to enter data in List grid field (that aren’t drop down fields). When I enter a value in ListGridField cell and hit enter, That cell should get focused. But when I move my cursor I can see that it’s not focused any longer. Whenever I click on the cell and hit enter (without updating the present value in the cell), the cell remains focused. This is what i am trying to achieve here. My requirement is that whenever i edit the list grid field cell and enter a new value and press enter, the cell should remain focussed. But here, its losing the focus. Please suggest any appropriate solution for the same. It would be really helpful.

Thanks.
      Last edited by preeti_kanyal; 24 Jan 2018, 04:19.

Comment

Hi,

perhaps I don't get it. What is your reason to press enter in a ListGridField cell? Do you want/expect a line break? Can you explain your use case?

Also, what do you mean by "ViewListGrid" in #1?

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X