No announcement yet.
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Java Dependencies Question

I am using v11.1p_2018-02-21/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2018-02-21) and have a question regarding the java dependencies.

The SmartGWT download included commons-lang-2.6.jar and commons-pool-1.6.jar. My company already uses commons-lang3-3.4.jar and commons-pool2-2.5.0.jar. We'd like to be able to standardize on the later versions or remove these older versions if we don't need them for our usage. I was able to build and run my SmartGWT application without these jars and did not experience any problems but I am concerned that removing them could be problematic as I'm not sure when they are required.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hi khoward,

did you already see the JavaModuleDependencies-docs?
    Regarding your two jars: Those use a different package declaration, so it should be safe to have both in your libs directory, if some of the other jars you use depend on those. See here and here.

Best regards

Thanks Blama - you're right on the money. khoward - you should keep both in your deployment. We do want to move to the newer versions as well, but as a framework provider, we strive to strike the right balance between requiring a higher rev of the JDK and getting compelling new features from a new version of the library.

I know it can feel bulky to have more than one version of the library, but that's the reality of classloaders...