X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Memory consumption increases with usage

Hi Isomorphic Team,
    We are using the ismorphic version : 6.1-p20170724
    my current functionality uses SmartGWT.
    We are using Google chrome browser latest version.

We have editable list grid. List grid has data like 2000-3000 records. While performing edit operation on list grid rows, memory usage of browser continuously increases as we continue doing update operations. After around 500 updates browser start behaving very slow due to too much memory consumption and after some more updates client stop sending update request to server and data stays in blue after that.

Also, we noticed that when we keep navigating in our application the chrome processes's memory keeps increasing. Though we use destroy() method before switching views, the memory still keeps increasing. How can we make sure that when we switch views, our previously loaded CONTENT gets completely flushed from memory and the new view is loaded. Please note that ours is a SPA, where we keep changing the body content.

Please help me in this.

See the MemoryLeaks overview in the docs.

Comment

Hello Team,

I have read your memory leaks documents. According to that document if i use destroy() method on canvas then it should clear the memory of my browser.

I have used this approach but my browser memory does not clean up.

To check this, first of all, I load the grid having 75 columns and check browser memory (snapshot attached the same with name MemoryAfterLoad). Then I added 30 blank rows in that grid and edit some of those rows(all 75 columns). Now again I check for memory and now memory usage is increased by 30 MB (snapshot attached with name MemoryBeforeDestroy).

After this I call destroy() method on that grid and check for memory. With destroy() method memory usage is decreased by only 3 MB(attaching the snapshot with name MemoryAfterDestroy). Also Attaching the logs of destroy being called. These are custom logs added before and after the method call.

MemoryAfterLoad :

MemoryBeforeDestroy:

Destroy logs:

MemoryAfterDestroy:

Please help us in understanding this behavior. This is actually creating problem for us and in a SPA, after some user actions the page starts responding slowly, due to heavy memory use. After some time it becomes unresponsive. Would request you to please look into this urgently and help us in getting the issue resolved.

Comment

Your attachments didn't work, and we've already tested scenarios like yours - they don't leak.

The memory usage doc covers several things you need to do, depending on your usage, and also points out many invalid ways of testing which will produce false leaks, such as having development tools open. Another invalid approach to leak detection is what you are doing now: just noticing memory increases, without demonstrating that memory actually becomes exhausted.

Please review the document thoroughly. As things stand, you've got a claim of a leak that we can't reproduce, and you have not begun to use the documentation properly. We can't help you yet, but you can help yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X