Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Issue with filtering on large set of data

Hi Team,

I am facing the issue with filtering. I have a grid with large set of data. Lets assume it has 10 columns.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1: Apply filter on 1st column. Data will be filtered accordingly.
    2: Now remove the filter from first column(it will will generate a fetch call to back end) and quickly apply filter on 2nd column before fetch request complete. In this way filter on 2nd column will not be applied and whole data will be shown.
    3: Now remove the filter of 2nd column also. Now it will show 'No item to show' that is incorrect. In ideal scenario it should show whole data of grid.

This is happening for any type of filters. Please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance.

We can't reproduce this, and it also doesn't make sense that this would happen in terms of how filtering works. We suspect you've made some kind of mistake in your own code. Please let us know if you can provide a way to reproduce this problem.

Comment

Hi Team,

First key point is i faced this issue when i have large data set in grid. due to which filtering is done on server side. I am using this two properties in my grid this.setFetchDelay and this.setFilterOnKeypress(true).

Following are the steps by which i can reproduce this issue:

1: Load the grid and enter some value in first column. this will generate a fetch call on server because of large data set and will show the filtered data.
      2: Now remove the filter from first column. Now again this will generate a fetch call to server because of large data set. Now by the time response comes enter some filter value in second column. At this moment problems arrives when we enter some filter in other column before response of first column arrives.
      3: There is no request generated for second filter. No if we remove filter of second column then also no request is generated rather it will show 'No item to show'.

Can we stop the user to enter value in filter before response of previous request is not received?

Comment

It is normally the case that interaction is blocked while there is a pending fetch request, so the mistake you probably made was to change the value DataSource.showPrompt to false on the affected DataSource, or perhaps system-wide. You should only set showPrompt to false in situations where interaction does not need to be blocked.

Comment

Hello Team,

I have checked the showPrompt setting in my application. There is no mistake in this as we have not set any value to this property and by default its value is true.

For checking i have checked my issue with this property as true and false both. But i am facing same issue regardless showPrompt is set to true or false.

There is a loader shown when fetch request is generated in my application but still filter are editable at that time.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Comment

We'll be committing a fix to the affected branches to ensure the interaction you've described is modal,

The fix made it into SGWT 12.1d/SC 12.1d for the nightly builds dated 2018-05-02, and will be in older branches for the nightly builds dated 2018-05-03.

You haven't posted what build you're using above, which is required for any bug report. Can you provide that information?
            Last edited by Isomorphic; 2 May 2018, 04:39.

Comment

Although we're making this interaction modal, we weren't able to reproduce the behavior you reported that without modality, typing into the filter editor during a fetch causes responses to get mixed up and yield incorrect results. (We even tried introducing artificial delays into the system, but didn't see it.) This may mean it's a separate problem originating from incorrect usage, and wouldn't necessarily be fixed by our modal dialog.

Can you provide sample code and instructions so we can reproduce what you described in your first post? If impossible, can you at least provide a video capture of what you're doing - where you click and what you type - and what results you see? Otherwise, we're not going to be able to look any further.

Last edited by Isomorphic; 1 May 2018, 17:23.

Comment

Working...
              X