Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Scrolling issues with ListGrid wrapCells and frozen fields

Hello,

My company recent sponsored the feature to allow frozen fields with variable heights, and we're seeing some issues with it when using wrapCells.
    1. The frozen and unfrozen fields can can misaligned when scrolling. One side will have rows that are too short. (Image 1)
    2. Sometimes the frozen cells don't render at all. (Image 2)
    3. The scroll bar will snap to the top of the page after scrolling a few clicks with the scroll wheel.
    The behavior varies depending on if your cursor is over a frozen or unfrozen field when you use the wheel. Clicking and dragging the scroll bar seems less buggy, but still results in issue 1. Scrolling with your cursor on unfrozen fields is the most erratic. We've seen the problem in Chrome and IE, but it's significantly worse in IE. A test case is attached.

In our actual application, the biggest problem is issue 1 -- the other two are rare and intermittent, but we have seen them. In our app, issue 1 seems to only happen when cells in the frozen field require the greatest height for the row. If an unfrozen field determines the row height, things will align OK.

Image 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	misaligned.png
Views:	108
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	252844

Image 2

Name:	noLeft.png
Views:	82
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	252845
    Attached Files

What version have you been testing with? If you don't have the latest patched version, please retest and let us know if you can still reproduce any of the claimed problems.

Also, make sure you are not testing with browser zoom enabled, as there are known (and documented) issues where browser bugs make zoom intractable to support at the moment.

Comment

I tested with v12.1d_2018-04-06/LGPL Development Only (built 2018-04-06), and I'm still seeing all three issues. I didn't see any newer nightly builds on the regular download page.

Comment

We've identified the problem and made a change to address it. The change will be present in the next nightly build (branches 6.1, 12.0 and 12.1, dated April 25 or above)

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your help, that fixed resolved the majority of the issues. But I'm bumping this because there are still some cases where rows can get misaligned. Bold text (and possibly empty cells) seem to cause problems. I've attached a test case, you should see the misalignment right away -- in some cases scrolling around seemed to snap things back into place.

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2018-08-16/LGPL Development Only (built 2018-08-16)

Name:	misalignment.png
Views:	99
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	254545

Thanks
          John
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X