Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Chart sample

SmartGWT 3.1 LGPL and Smartclient8.3Eval

I am looking at the sample in http://smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/#simpleChart

Try to get this to work in an existing simple Eclipse GWT project for evaluating charting capabilites.

Steps I have done so far
    1. copy 2 java source files into eclipse GWT project.
    2. make minor changes to the file to make it compile and get the VLayout object to be added to an existing TabPanel.
    3. copy smartgwt.jar from (SmartGWT 3.1) download, I need this to compile the source. I cannot find the jar from Smartclient8.3Eval.
    4. Change XXX.gwt.xml to include

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>

Start the 'Web application' in development mode, when using Firefox to connect, I got error from the eclipse console

x Core SmartClient JavaScript libraries appear not to be loaded.

13:11:32.018 [ERROR] [gwtcharttest] Core SmartClient JavaScript libraries appear not to be loaded.
    If inheriting the NoScript SmartGWT modules, verify that the HTML file includes <script src=...> tags to load the SmartClient module .js files from the appropriate location within the WAR.
    By default these files are present under [GWT app name]/sc/modules/.

Can you tell me what I am missing?

What you're missing is the installation instructions. They are here.

The steps you took make no sense - start from scratch, use only the Eval, and don't mix any files from two different downloads.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. I was mixing smartclient and smartgwt.

Now that I got the builtinDS to run, I added in the SimpleChart example to it, I got the following message. What else do I need ?

"This example is disabled in this SDK because it requires the optional Analytics module.

Click here to see this example on smartclient.com"

Comment

See the FacetChart docs and OptionalModules overview.

Comment

Working...
        X