Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can't load DataSources - SmartClient runtime not loaded

Hi,

We are using smartgwtpower-3.1p.2012-12-07 and two of our users have received the error "Can't load DataSources - SmartClient runtime not loaded".
    The GWT module is configure like here:
    Code:
    <module rename-to="portal"> ...
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtpower.SmartGwtPowerNoScript"/>  
    	<inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources"/> 	
    </module>
    and the SmartClient libraries and other scripts are loaded like here using a JSP file:
    Code:

<script> var isomorphicDir = "portal/sc/"; </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/lib/jquery-1.7.1.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/lib/charts/highcharts-2.3.3.js"></script>
    <script src="portal/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07"></script>
    <script src="portal/sc/modules/ISC_Foundation.js?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07"></script>
    <script src="portal/sc/modules/ISC_Containers.js?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07"></script>
    <script src="portal/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07"></script>
    <script src="portal/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07"></script>
    <script src="portal/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07"></script>
    <!--load the datasources-->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="portal/sc/DataSourceLoader?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07&dataSource=<%=DataSourceUtils.getDsNamesFromXmlConfigsPart1()%>"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="portal/sc/DataSourceLoader?isc_version=8.3.js&wd_isc_build=3.1p.2012-12-07&dataSource=<%=DataSourceUtils.getDsNamesFromXmlConfigsPart2()%>"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="portal/portal.nocache.js"></script>
    Do you see a reason for that error in that configuration?
    Could you give me some hints on what else could cause that error?

Thanks,
    Mihnea

This indicates that the SmartClient runtime (ISC_Core.js et al) has not loaded. You're looking for something like a webserver that serves static assets having an intermittent failure and returning 404 for these files.

Comment

Team,

We are facing a similar issue with many clients of our project(with same clients having the issue again and again where as other don't report that problem during same time).
      Also, assuming web server is not serving the request- next issue would be- we have this jar cached on our client browser, so it should be available even if the server is down.
      (Though definitely for a first time user this can be an issue )

We were able to replicate this issue by blocking this JS on local Development environment but can you suggest the reason as to why this particular javascript fails to load for certain users or if you could suggest some steps for investigation.

Thanks.
      Last edited by mchoudhary; 16 Jan 2015, 09:31.

Comment

We already explained what's likely going on:

You're looking for something like a webserver that serves static assets having an intermittent failure and returning 404 for these files.
        Again your deployment seems to be having trouble with just serving static files. An error message from our technology happens to be the first thing to appear, but this failure has nothing to do with our technology. If your deployment intermittently fails to serve files, it's going to be broken no matter what technology is in use.

Comment

Although this response sounds questionable, it's correct. I was having exactly the same problem. Looking at Firebug, I see a bunch of JS files being loaded (the usual suspects), and no 404's.

This problem occured on my machine with Firefox and Chrome. It worked fine yesterday, and nothing was changed on the server since then. It works fine for the guy in the next office, today, in both Firefox and Chrome. I cleared my cache and cookies with no difference.

Then, I switched from WiFi to plugged into the network, and everything worked right. There's some gremlin in our network, and the SmartClient app is just the canary in the mine.

I can't explain the lack of 404 errors
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi siegersallee,

please look inside the reply content in F12 tools / Firebug.
            As you can see in the picture you attached the file sizes are alle the same, even for your possibly huge GWT file.
            I'm pretty sure it are responses from your proxy / firewall telling you something is forbidden.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Working...
            X