Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Charting Module

I am using SmartGWT version v11.1p_2018-02-21/PowerEdition Deployment. I am trying to explore the charting capabilities. I have the following inherits statements in my gwt.xml file

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtpower.tools.Tools"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.RealtimeMessagingNoScript"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.PluginBridgesWidgets"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.Drawing"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.Charts"/>

I added the last three inherits for charting.

When I run from Eclipse Kepler I get an exception when I try to instantiate a Facet instance. It says "The Charts module must be loaded to use FacetChart. See the LoadingOptionalModules overview in the "docs" package of JavaDoc for instructions."

The JavaDoc instructions were how I knew to inherit PluginBridgesWidgets, Drawing and Charts.

When I build a war and run inside Tomcat it has no problems. I only experience the issue in Eclipse.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Ken

It looks like you are using a NoScript variation of the core com.smartgwtee inherit, so you must be manually placing <script> tags in your host .html file for the core libraries. You now need additional script tags for ISC_Drawing.js and ISC_Charts.js.

Comment

That worked. Thanks!

Comment

I have a few more charting questions:
        • Is it possible to swap facets programmatically?
        • In column and bar charts, is it possible to display the chart's values on the chart itself?
        • Are tooltips possible for values in a chart?
        • Is it possible to select a value on a chart by clicking on it?
        • Are there SmartGWT chart examples? I didn't see any on the showcase page.
        Thanks,
        Ken

Comment

See the EE Showcase, there are many examples.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Thanks Blama! I was able to get FacetChart.addValueClickHandler() to work. However, I am also calling setShowDataPoints(true), setShowDataValues(true) and setShowValueOnHover(true) and I don't see anything when the charts are drawn or when I hover over a value.

Am I missing something? Also, is there a way to swap the facets from code? I couldn't figure out a way that worked.

Thanks,
            Ken

Comment

Working...
            X