Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

module Exception when trying to evaluate real time messaging

I'm trying to evaluate the messaging api. I've downloaded the 3.1 trial. I'm getting the following error when trying to call Messaging.subscribe on the client:

Attempt to use Messaging APIs without the optional Realtime Messaging module. Verify that your license includes this optional module and that you have included the necessary client and server-side components in your project.

Is there some special configuration I need to do or is that disabled for evaluation?

Also, is it reasonable to set up a very short term topic. For example, if there's a long running job (a few minutes to a few hours) does it make sense to set up a topic just for that job and then tear it down once the job is complete?

See the OptionalModules overview for the <inherits> to add.

Generally we don't recommend using Realtime Messaging, or any Comet-based solution, unless you have actual Realtime requirements. Polling makes more sense if the notification doesn't need to be any quicker than say, 5 seconds.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. 5 second updates is more that fast enough. I'll move to a polling approach.

Comment

Working...
      X