Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RPCManager cursor prompt style breaks comboboxes and selectitems with IE

Hi,

I have an application with custom data source communication using RPCManager. By default all rpc requests are sent with prompt style CURSOR which changes the mouse cursor (and prevents ui interaction with click mask ?) while the application is communicating with the server.

It seems that the cursor prompt style breaks up comboboxes and select items with server bound option data sources when using IE as a browser. The effect is that the first request (when you click the select item picker) is sent OK but the select item never opens up. Second click opens up the select item OK without an extra server call so it probably cached the first request's response OK.

Everything works ok with firefox & safari/chrome, problem occurs with atleast IE9.

The error occurred with 3.1p nightly from november and development console printed out "EventHandler:error accessing activeElement: Unspecified error.". I upgraded to latest Smartgwt 3.1p 2012-12-22 nightly and problem still persists but for some reason I'm not getting the above error anymore.

Just to let you know - I tried constructing a stand alone test case for this but because of the custom server comm & need of rpcmanager it was quite complex.

br,
    Marko

If you got *close* to a standalone test case and were still reproducing the problem, we'd certainly want to hear about the specific order of operations or look at the code if you can share it.

One question is whether you set the system-wide default promptStyle to "cursor" or were mixing two styles?

Comment

Working...
    X