Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DateChooser not using "Over", "Selected" and "Down" DisabledWeekday/Weekend Style

Using SmartGWT: /builds/SmartGWT/3.1p/LGPL/2012-12-20

Tested on FireFox 10 + 17.0, Chrome current.

We just upgraded from SmartGWT 3.0p LGPL to SmartGWT 3.1p LGPL and discovered a few issues with DateChooser css skin.

The issue we are seeing is this:
    - When the end user uses the mouse and hovers over a disabled weekend and weekday, the css style used does not change to use "Over", "Selected" and "Down" suffix.

Goal:
    - We would like the DateChooser widget to show the disabled weekend+weekday days as disabled style when not hovering, but when hovering use a style similar to a normal 'not disabled' style. This seems impossible now on 3.1p and we used to be able to do this on 3.0p and before.

Research:
    - Checked the provided skin_styles.css which is included with each SmartGWT skin and I found the following css tags:

.dateChooserDisabledWeekday,
    .dateChooserDisabledWeekdayOver,
    .dateChooserDisabledWeekdayDown,
    .dateChooserDisabledWeekdayDisabled,
    .dateChooserDisabledWeekdaySelected,
    .dateChooserDisabledWeekdaySelectedDown,
    .dateChooserDisabledWeekdaySelectedOver,
    .dateChooserDisabledWeekdaySelectedDisabled {
    color: #cccccc;
    }

{Similar for Weekend}

I assumed that since these tags exist in the SmartGWT enterprise (grey) skin, the tags would be put in use as is done when hovering over a normal enabled date chooser date, but no. FireFox FireBug and Chrome Tools shows that the css style remains "dateChooserDisabledWeekday" when hovering.

I checked the load_skin.js file for the DateChooser section, and could not find a single flag that seemed to turn on or off this functionality.

Also, DateChooser java docs does not give me any hints on this issue. I looked for a setBaseDisabledWeekday/Weekend(String ...) methods, but can only find:

public void setDisabledWeekdayStyle(String disabledWeekdayStyle)
    public void setDisabledWeekendStyle(String disabledWeekendStyle)

Which has no mention of the suffixes which would be used.

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/widgets/DateChooser.html

Lastly, I checked the DateChooser example on the SmartGWT showcase:

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#controls_category_datechooser

This widget, when inspected in FireFox-FireBug, also shows the same behaviour (no specific Over css style used when hovering over a disabled weekend/weekday).

Any ideas?
    Functionality dropped between 3.0 and 3.1?

Thank you.

Any Ideas?

No ideas out there???

Comment

There was a major refactoring of the DateChooser component in 3.1 and this functionality was changed in a way that - we agree- is more limiting.

We will be modifying things so the disabled cells show the interactive styling, and we will also ensure the documentation is clear and accurate.

No ETA on this yet but we will update this thread when the change is in place

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thank you so much for the update.

That is great. I will update the bug we have against this issue and monitor this thread.

Is there a specific way/method I should follow to be able to see when the issue is fixed?

Comment

Not sure what way/method you're referring to, but as was stated, we'll update this thread when the fixes related to this issue are checked in.

Comment

This has been fixed in 3.1p and 4.0d - please retry with a nightly build of January 9 or later

Comment

Great. Thank you so much for the update.

Comment

Working...
              X