Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Doubled events on touch devices

Hello Isomorphic,
    we have encountered an issue regarding touch handling after upgrading to SmartGWT 12.
    So far this seems to only be a concern of Android devices.

The issue is with some click events being triggered twice, causing unwanted behaviour (eg. opening a custom submenu closes it right after because of the secondary click).
    These doubled events seem to be a reoccuring theme in our application after the upgrade. These issues happen on both GWT widgets (checkboxes, custom editors) and pure SmartGWT custom widgets.

I haven't yet tried to form a test case but what I found is a very similar, if not the same, issue in your showcase - Advanced filter builder sample.
    There, if you try to add a new criterion via the green plus icon it does add it and then removes it right after. This might be caused by the doubled events: first click event triggers atop the add icon and adds a new criterion, the second one triggers on the newly displayed remove icon thus removing it.
    This is reproducible about 70% of the time.
    This might very well be a bogus conjecture, but as of now, I have no other way of explaining whats happening...

This filter builder bug has been reproduced on touch devices running OS Android 5, 6 and 7 and Chrome browser.

On touch devices with OS Windows (10 and 8.1) the above filter builder issue could not be reproduced in your showcase and our custom pure smartGWT widgets stopped reproducing this bug (although the remaining GWT widgets keep on glitching the very same way).

If you manage to reproduce this issue, please let us know what might be causing the problem as it may help us too.
    If not, let me know and I'll try to form a custom test case for you.

Thanks a lot

SmartClient Version: v12.0p_2018-08-15/Pro Deployment (built 2018-08-15)
    Attached Files

I have done a minor digging to see roughly when the issues with our GWT widgets receiving double touch events might have been introduced.
    What I found was that SmartGWT 6.1-p2018-03-21 had these issues.
    SmartGWT 6.1-p2018-03-09 does not.
    Has there been any change in handling touch events in between these two versions?

Your answer is very much appreciated

Comment

We see this and are looking into a solution.

Comment

We've applied a fix to address this in SGWT/SC 12.0p and newer branches. It should be in the nightly builds dated 2018-08-25 and beyond.

Comment

Confirming that issue seems to be fixed.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X