Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

list grid scroll on cell click

Hi Team,

We recently uprgraded smartGWT version to 6.1-p20180801.
    Now whenever, we click on any listgrid cell , the listgrid scrolls such that the cell appears in the top left corner.
    To avoid this, I added property setVirtualScrolling(false). Using this, the grid does not scroll when i click on a cell. But on adding a new row also, it does not show up until i move the scrollbar slightly.

Earlier i was using 6.1-p20170724 version.
    Can you please help. I do not want the grid to scroll when user clicks on a cell. But on adding a new row, the row should be visible.

Regards,
    Swati

Any help on this

Comment

Hi,

I tried out of interest and could not reproduce here (v11.1p_2018-08-28) with this code:

Code:
      isc.ListGrid.create({
          ID:"dsListGrid", 
          width: "100%",
          height: "100%",
          autoFetchData: true,
          dataSource: "supplyItem",
          height: 600,
          canResizeFields: true,
          virtualScrolling: false,
          showRecordComponents: true,
          showRecordComponentsByCell: true,
          canRemoveRecords: true,  
          recordComponentPoolingMode: "recycle"
      });

isc.IButton.create({
          top: 610,
          title: "Add new row",
          click: "dsListGrid.startEditingNew()"
      });
      Perhaps you can modify the sample to fit more to your code and also show the issue.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

With older smartGWT version, i did not have the property setVirtualScroll(false) and even without that the grid did not scroll on clicking a cell. But now in new version, if this property is not set to false, the grid scrolls such that the cell appears at top left

Comment

Hi,

I'm using 11.1p like you (SmartClient 11.1p is used under the hood in SmartGWT 6.1p)
          setVirtualScrolling(false) is available at least since 4.1p/9.1p (actually, here are the 4.0p docs for it), when I started using the framework.
          So the reason has to be a different one.

Also virtualScrolling should be unrelated to "that the cell appears at top left". Please show a sample, because in the testcase I tried, it does not happen.
          How do you even select a cell that is not visible? Via code? Or is it on the screen (e.g. in the middle) and once you click it, it scrolls to the top? Your description really does lack detail.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X