Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

After some investigation, what you need to do here is just add your popups as Peers of the modalWindow - so, modalWindow.addPeer(isc.Window.create()) - that will give you correct clickMask behavior, and will also close those peers when the modalWindow closes.

[Edit] In fact, while this technique does enforce the peer behavior, it still doesn't address the clickMask issue - you would still have to call modalWindow.peers.callMethod("show") or "bringToFront"...

We'll have a discussion about this and get back to you.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 21 Sep 2018, 06:27.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I did not try this one in SmartGWT, yet. Any results of your discussion on how to do this?
      Perhaps a sample for this one might also be a good idea.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

any update on this one? A sample in SmartClient 11.1 and SmartGWT 6.1 would greatly be appreciated.

If showing two modal windows, the one currently active/clicked/dragged should of course be in front to the other.
        And if possible (not important for me right now, but definitely a good idea):
        If showing three or more modal windows, the one currently active/clicked/dragged should of course be in front to the others.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Apologies for the delay on this one - we've discussed the approaches for fixing this and will apply the best of these in the the next couple of days and let you know when it hits.

Comment

We've made some changes that should address this situation.

You can now show multiple non-modal windows from your modal window, and these will behave as you expect, staying above the modalMask and interacting appropriately with each other. If you run these new windows through modalWindow.addPeer(), they will be automatically closed for you when you close the modal window.

You can now also show stacked modal windows and they should also behave correctly - obviously, you can't use addPeer() if your new windows are modal.

Please retest with a build dated October 31 or later.
            Last edited by Isomorphic; 30 Oct 2018, 07:29.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks a lot. This sounds simple enough. Nevertheless I think a sample would be good, so that one can see that this is possible.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I came across this one again. I really do think a showcase sample might help here in this section (in here for SmartGWT), as this will be a somewhat common thing one wants to do.

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

could you create a sample for this? As said before, I really do think a sample will benefit many people.

Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Working...
                  X