Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

HowTo: Disable "body draw" on Touch devices (iPad)

Hi Isomorphic,

if you load your showcase on iPad (iOS 11.4.1), the showcase itself takes the full screen.
    If you have a Widget with scrollbars and touch-and-move, the content of the Widget moves as expected.
    If you have an empty space and touch-and-move, the whole page moves up or down.

This is also happening the same in my application.

Best regards
    Blama

Hi Blama
    We're having difficulty reproducing any strange behavior here. In our testing touch+drag is behaving as you'd expect. If the content overflows the available space it is scrolled as expected (the widget the user touch-dragged will scroll) - if the content does not overflow the available space you get the normal iOS visual feedback of an attempted scroll that is rejected (content bounces back to its original position).
    This doesn't appear to have changed with this particular version of iOS.

If this issue is still misbehaving for you, I think we'll need a more specific description. Specifically we'd want to know
    - Which sample are you testing with / what steps did you take to navigate there?
    - Are you in landscape or portrait mode? (a screenshot would be useful here so we can see exactly what you're seeing)
    - What exactly does the touch-drag interaction look like (where are you interacting with the screen, which direction are you dragging)?
    - What is the result (possibly another screenshot showing the bad "scrolled" state)?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I mean what you write here:

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      if the content does not overflow the available space you get the normal iOS visual feedback of an attempted scroll that is rejected (content bounces back to its original position).
      This doesn't appear to have changed with this particular version of iOS.
      What I meant is that this behavior does not make sense and IMHO only obstructs the user.
      E.g. in the 12.0 SmartGWT/SmartClient showcase on iPhone SE with iOS11 (but also on any other mobile device) you can see the "content bounces back to its original position" for the whole application. I'm writing "application" instead of "web page" because with your product you normally create applications.
      Here, native applications either use the drag to reload (like someone else suggested here) or suppress it. Both is fine IMHO, but a useless drag+flip back on e.g. a Label is not good.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X