Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to prevent linker from emitting all skins

I am trying to improve the efficiency of the linking processes and I notice it emits resource for all skins. For example

Emitting resource sc/skins/Graphite/skin_styles.css.gz
    Emitting resource sc/skins/Graphite/unsupported_browser.html
    Emitting resource sc/skins/Simplicity/images/Calendar/gripper.png
    Emitting resource sc/skins/Simplicity/images/ColorPicker/crosshair.png

Even though my XML file has only one Skin configured:
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.Drawing"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.Charts"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.tahoe.Tahoe"/>

Is there a way to tell the linker just to emit the one skin?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi gordon333,

please see this thread about the very same issue, a bit debugged. It does not include a solution, unfortunately.

If you could also post your test, timings, results and findings, this would be great. You are talking about SuperDevMode recompile, correct?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Can you include your complete module gwt.xml file(s)? It shouldn't be emitting any resources that aren't required by your dependencies.

Might you have the following declarations?

Code:
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>

Comment

Thank you! Removing the
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/> declaration from my modules did the trick. FYI, super dev mode link time in windows went from avg of 30 seconds to 15 seconds.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

the Tools import is needed for developer console, right?
          My (not the OP) inherits are:
          Code:
              <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User" />
              <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools" />
              <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScript" />
              <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools" />
          Is this correct if I want the developer console? Or can I remove these and just copy the developer console on my own via my build.xml?
          If not, can you make the emitted resources only to be Enterprise (for developer console)? I don't need nor want EnterpriseBlue, Graphite, Simplicity, ToolSkin, ToolSkinNative, that are generated for me when compiling.
          Even better would be if the Developer Console used the selected theme (Tahoe in my case), then I wouldn't even need Enterprise.

This whole thing makes SuperDevMode really annoying.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

We've already removed the skin resources from the com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools package, back to SGWT 12.0p, except for the tool skins, which we're in the process of removing now. The com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools package pulls in Enterprise skin, since the dev console has some minor functionality issues with other skins, but if you want to force it to use your project's skin, you can exclude Enterprise resources by instead inheriting com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtToolsNoTheme.

The latest nightlies should already have the first fix mentioned.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks a lot. This change already speeded up recompile here. I'm looking forward to the removal of the tools skin and will report back then updated recompile times in the longer thread.
              Also trying Developer console with Tahoe now.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

We've factored out the tool skins from the com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools package, back to SGWT 12.0p. This will be in the nightly builds dated 2018-11-17 and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                X