Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

IFrame implementation to open pdf document giving cross browser issue

Hi ,
    I am working on Smart GWT application . In one of scenario i have to open a web page having pdf document (data coming from Rest services) having EMail and Fax option . On click of Email and Fax i have to perform some operation . So to create this page i have created one view having EMail and Fax button and opening pdf document in Iframe (as from web service response i am getting one external url opening pdf file ) . But in lots of cases it refuses to open . First it asks to add security exception . I am using below code to generate Iframe :

pdfPane = new HTMLPane();
    pdfPane.setHeight100();
    pdfPane.setWidth(MYAssaAbloyConstants.HUNDRED_PERCENT);
    pdfPane.setContentsURL(docURL);-----------------------------------------------------docUrl i am getting from RPC call to server and data is coming from rest services
    pdfPane.setContentsType(ContentsType.PAGE);
    vLayout.addMember(pdfPane);

As i have to give fax and EMail option so i need to use HTML Pane as i need some component to contain response data . Can you please suggest some other component in Smart GWT that i can use to avoid this cross site/cross browser issue .

another approach is :
    i can get binary data from webService , then convert this binary data to fileDocument and show fileDocument in fileDocumentViewer . But in this case also we need one GWT componet to show this view . Could you please suggest some component in which i can add this content
    I am attaching one image for view .

Many thanks in advance .

Thanks
    Sidharth
    Attached Files

Hi , Isomorphic can you please provide some solution for this issue . Many thanks in advance .

Comment

Working...
    X