Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Insert Tags like elements in SmartGWT

I have been trying to create a UI element which behaves like Tags. Whenever I select a record from a dropdown (ListGrid or PickerList), the records should be inserted to a canvas area, as Tags as in attached image.

Is there anyway that I can achieve this.?
    I have tried, MulticomboboxItem, but it doesn't provide a way to fetch data from database with change of value in the combobox field. (addIconClickHandler).
    Also MultiComboBoxItem doesn't give a way to include a pickerList grid to it's dropdown.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi JawadhSR,

I assume that you'll have to create your own FormItem based on CanvasItem for this.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thanks. :(
      But is there anyway that I can create a complex formItem which includes, a list of buttons and a combobox item within a canvas.

Comment

Yes, IMHO CanvasItem can do all that. It just needs to store a (multiple?) value in order to be accessed by the containing DynamicForm.
        So far, I only made a simple CanvasItem (basically a arrow-shaped progress bar), but I don't see why you should not be able to build your item, if it should return only one (multiple) value.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X