Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

I was recompiling my app with SmartGWT 3.1p nightly build of 16 jan 2013 (to try the latest patches for Firefox 18) but I found this error at compile time:

[ERROR] Line 31: Failed to resolve 'com.smartgwt.client.i18n.SmartGwtMessages' via deferred binding

Compiling with nightly build of 13 jan 2013 no errors are found at compile time.

Can you fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by andyx1975 View Post
      The toolbar looks fine in Firefox with the GWT-Plugin... but when I compile the code and put the new files in a tomcat, it is the same as before... all Buttons are placed on the same spot!!!
      Just a wild guess, but have you tried clearing browser cache?

Comment

yes I did this... my cache is disabled anyways

Comment

ok at home it seems to work... seems to be a firefox issue... I guess I need to set up a new profile

Comment

I confirm the following issue reported by dhalupa

On 3.1p(2013-16-01) closeable tabs could not be closed

Comment

Our ToolStrip button issues are fixed with Jan 16th 3.1p. Thank you for working hard on this.

Comment

Any word on this? It's basically taken out our site on FF 18 for thousands of users. We tried every hack to try to work around it.

We have warned our users to disable FF auto updates till it's resolved, unfortunately, may of then are already on FF 18.

Comment

We're working on it and so is Mozilla.

If you're having layout issues, those have already been fixed except for some very subtle ones, nothing that should block use of a site.

If you mean the closeable tabs issue, that should be fixed very soon.

Comment

Please try the next nightly build, dated Jan 18
                    We believe these issues (including the breakage of closeable tabs) are now resolved

If you are still seeing rendering, or other problems, please let us know, and rest assured we will do our best to resolve things very rapidly.

Regards
                    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                      Please try the next nightly build, dated Jan 18
                      We believe these issues (including the breakage of closeable tabs) are now resolved

If you are still seeing rendering, or other problems, please let us know, and rest assured we will do our best to resolve things very rapidly.

Regards
                      Isomorphic Software
                      THANKS!!!

I'll give it a shot, that should be available tonight?

Any word on what Mozilla is doing? this seems like a major layout regression.

It broke some other sites I use, so it's not just SmartGWT/etc.

Comment

Mozilla has acknowledged it as a bug and a proposed patch has been attached to the bug. If you look at the commentary, they are currently saying that the fix is likely to just come out with Firefox 19 or 20 rather than Firefox 18.0.1.

If you know of sites that have been broken by this regression (specifically this regression and not just FF18 in general), it would be great to post in the bug and let Mozilla know. This might cause them to roll out the fix with 18.0.1 which would prevent affected users from having to do an emergency patch (and by affected users we mean everyone burned by this bug, not just users of our products).

Comment

On 3.1p(2013-01-18) menus are clipped. The behavior could be seen in the following showcase example

/#menus_category_appearance

Comment

Background of Toolstrip and ToolstripButton are grey in EnterpriseBlue

The background of Toolstrip and ToolstripButton should be blue in EnterpriseBlue in FF18 rather than grey. It is blue in Chrome and was blue in FF17.

SmartClient Version: v8.2p_2013-01-19/LGPL Development Only (built 2013-01-19)

Firefox 18.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by dhalupa View Post
                              On 3.1p(2013-01-18) menus are clipped. The behavior could be seen in the following showcase example

/#menus_category_appearance
                              fixed in 3.1p(2013-01-21)

thx

Comment

Last releases solved many problems (I can confirm for closeable tabs resolution, for instance), but we now encounter several new issues:

We have two DynamicForm wrapped in a HLayout. Previously, the whole height was about 100px. Using last nightly, it's now 10114px high. This is quite annoying :) We get this behaviour in several of our forms.

We encounter another issue with windows: I attached three attachments:
                                * workingLoadingWindow.png : a custom modal loading window working like a charm (using an older nightly);
                                * brokenLoadingWindow.png : the same custom modal loading window, broken since last nightly;
                                * brokenWindow.png : another custom window containing a dynamicform, broken since last nightly.

As you can see, our LoadingWindow is pretty standard:
                                Code:
                                	public LoadingWindow(final String content) {
                                		this.setWidth(280);
                                		this.setHeight(60);

this.setShowEdges(false);
                                		this.setShowTitle(false);
                                		this.setShowMinimizeButton(false);
                                		this.setShowCloseButton(false);
                                		this.setIsModal(true);
                                		this.setShowShadow(true);
                                		this.setShadowSoftness(1);
                                		this.setCanDrag(false);
                                		this.setCanDragReposition(false);

final Label loadingLabel = new Label("<font size='2'><span style='font-weight:bold;color:white;'>" + content + "</span></font>");
                                		loadingLabel.setHeight(20);
                                		loadingLabel.setAlign(Alignment.CENTER);
                                		this.addItem(loadingLabel);

this.show();
                                }
                                BTW, thank you for being more reactive than Mozilla's team :)

EDIT: "last nightly" stands for 2013-01-22 nightly :)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ssssteffff; 22 Jan 2013, 02:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X