Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Version 12.0p 11-30-2018 SmartGWT not rendering in Firefox

SmartClient Version: v12.0p_2018-11-30/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2018-11-30)

Tried our app in versions 64.0 on PC, and version 52.2 on Linux RedHat. Result is the same, our home page is blank.

I see on the Forum there are a number of questions regarding Firefox and 12.0p SmartClient. Nothing quite matches our failure to render just about anything. Here's what the Console shows:

Click image for larger version  Name:	BlankFirefox.GIF Views:	1 Size:	65.3 KB ID:	256227

Seems like nothing is being drawn. Is there a switch we are missing on the GWT compile that we should have followed but missed?

This is our first attempt at using 12.0p on Firefox. Renders just fine on Chrome PC or Linux. Fails also to render on Microsoft Edge browser.

T

Presumably if you view the Showcase on your machine with these two browsers, you see, as we do, no issue? Just need to eliminate something funny on your machine, as there is no general problem with these browsers and 12.0p that we know of or that any customer has reported.

And no, there are no new compile flags or anything like that.

So, the usual first steps:

Are there are warnings or errors reported?

Did you skip any steps in the upgrade process?

Does your code seem to be reaching the point where you normally call draw() for the initially visible components?

etc.

Comment

Thanks for confirming no new compile flags or options we may be missed.

It appears to be an exception thrown in Firefox and MS Edge on A RegExp.compile() statement. It doesn't happen in Chrome. So we will get to the bottom of this today and resolve it within our own code set.

Thanks again.

Comment

By the way, is there a way to do JAVA source code debugging in Firefox? Don't see anything promoting such in your docs, more advice that it is not supported. This is just for my info. Is this because we are GWT based in effect?

Comment

Hi tece321,

regarding your initial problem, please see this thread, which is about lookbehind regex, which happen to only work in Chrome.

Regarding your 2nd issue, you could use old / classic Development Mode with FF26 and the GWT plugin. I still do this, as SuperDevMode has too slow recompiles. You can then debug Java in Eclipse.
          The other way might also work with SuperDevMode and Source Maps, then you can see at least the Java code in current Chrome/Firefox.
          With http://sdbg.github.io/ you might also be able to debug Java in Eclipse with current browsers, I never tried this, though.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Originally posted by tece321 View Post
            By the way, is there a way to do JAVA source code debugging in Firefox? Don't see anything promoting such in your docs, more advice that it is not supported. This is just for my info. Is this because we are GWT based in effect?
            We're not aware of any problem with source maps in Firefox 60 ESR, the currently supported version, or with Firefox on the non-ESR track (Firefox 64), though source maps don't appear to work in Firefox 52 ESR.

Our docs did recommend avoiding Firefox, but we've updated them and suggest that you look at the following two topics:

Comment

Working...
            X