Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Nested grid scroll sensitivity

Hi Team,

I have a nested grid. At times I am scrolling and looking at the data in the inner grid and the mouse pointer goes out of inner grid. When this happens, it starts scrolling up the screen as if we were on the outer scroll bar even though we never touched the outer scroll bar. Can we make this a little less sensitive so that we’d at least have to touch the outer scroll bar before scrolling would commence?

Unable to attach the video. However this can be replicated here : https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt...ed_nested_grid

Regards,
    Swati

Duplicate : https://forums.smartclient.com/forum...ll-sensitivity

Comment

You can use the following approach to achieve what you want:

Code:
          expansionRelatedProperties: {
              mouseWheel : function () {return false;}
          }
      However, note that it’s normal for nested scrolling regions to work in the way we have them work by default, so this approach may violate end user expectations.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic

We are using SmartGWT.
        grid..getExpansionRelated() returns null in both the parent and nested grid. How do we set the above property in our grid using smartGWT.

Comment

Sorry for that. In SmartGWT you can call addMouseWheelHandler() in the nested ListGrid as follows:

Code:
                          listGrid.addMouseWheelHandler(new MouseWheelHandler() {

@Override
                              public void onMouseWheel(MouseWheelEvent event) {
                                  event.cancel();
                              }

});
          Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Sorry for the late response. I tried this but even after adding this if the mouse pointer goes outside the nested grid the screen gets shifted. Is there anything else that i can try

Comment

Do you mean that the whole browser page moves, when you use the scroll wheel after moving the mouse outside of the grid?

Please try to be more specific when posting, that's a terribly vague statement, which just wastes our time and yours.

Comment

Working...
              X