Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

BUG REPORT: DateRangeItem focus change on invalid date

While editing the "To" date, if at any time the text value is not a valid date, the focus shift to the upper date selector, making changing the bottom selector challenging.

A typical use case could be having the current date "01/07/2019 11:50" on the "To" field, and deleting the 7 in order to type in a different day.
    After deleting the 7, the cursor is at the end of the upper ("From") editor, making the whole operation difficult.

Here you can see the bug in action:
    https://hipchat.powercosts.com/files...ateItemBug.avi

Code:
    VLayout layout = new VLayout();
    RootPanel.get().add(layout);

DateRangeItem dateRangeItem = new DateRangeItem();
    dateRangeItem.setTitle("Date Range Item");
    dateRangeItem.setWrapTitle(false);
    dateRangeItem.setDateFormatter(DateDisplayFormat.TOUSSHORTDATETIME);
    dateRangeItem.setFromDate(new Date());
    dateRangeItem.setToDate(new Date());
    dateRangeItem.setAllowRelativeDates(true);

DynamicForm dynamicForm = new DynamicForm();
    dynamicForm.setFields(dateRangeItem);

ToolStrip toolStrip = new ToolStrip();
    toolStrip.addMember(dynamicForm);

layout.addMember(toolStrip);

Hi pci-abarbaro,

a bit off topic: I could not look at the video, but I like using ScreenToGif SimonF suggests here. It can also add the "video" directly in the text.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	RelativeDateItemBug.gif
Views:	67
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	256398

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

not the same issue, but nearby. In this current online sample, changing the "type" of the 2nd Item (type= One field or two fields) results in the same focus change the OP mentions:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Focus change.gif Views:	1 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	256401

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Also the items are jumping, perhaps related to some width setting.

Comment

Actually it is even stranger:
            In current Tahoe (v11.1p_2019-01-05) on sample start it does happen on change from "To"="Today" when in Tahoe spacious. It does not happen in Tahoe dense (current Chromium, FullHD, maximized).

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Are all of these issues 11.1 only?

In 12.0, we do see items resizing a little on change - but we don't see any focus issues in 12.0, in the samples or the attached test-case.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

you are right, I could not reproduce the focus issue in v12.0p_2019-01-07 here. I do not know about the OP.

pci-abarbaro: In this thread you are testing with 5.1/11.1, but here you are writing you are changing from 5 to 12?

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
                  Hi Isomorphic,

you are right, I could not reproduce the focus issue in v12.0p_2019-01-07 here. I do not know about the OP.

pci-abarbaro: In this thread you are testing with 5.1/11.1, but here you are writing you are changing from 5 to 12?

Best regards
                  Blama
                  We are on: Version v12.0p_2018-09-23/Enterprise Deployment (2018-09-23)

I will try to reproduce with the latest version and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X