Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Required Form field title is not bolded for Chrome on Mac

Hello, I have noticed a different behavior for this example on Chrome on Mac.

https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt..._conditionally

The Chrome version is Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thank you,
    Oleg

Not reproducible in Chrome 67.0.3396.87, which appears to be the actual latest Chrome available for MacOS. You may be using a pre-release build. Or, you may be working on a very high DPI screen - the bolding effect is rather subtle with the particular font used in this sample.

Comment

SmartClient Version: v12.0p_2019-03-19/LGPL Development Only (built 2019-03-19)
      OSX Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)

I'm also seeing that, Chrome Version 73.0.3683.75 (64 bit):
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-20 14.40.55.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	257221

While this is with Firefox Quantum 66.0:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-20 14.54.44.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	257222

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
        Not reproducible in Chrome 67.0.3396.87, which appears to be the actual latest Chrome available for MacOS. You may be using a pre-release build.
        I didn't notice that you mention an older release as the latest available. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google...ersion_history

Comment

Take a close look at the text. Initially, the prompt "Will you be attending" is in bold and the "Reason" string is not. When you select "No", then both are in bold.

What we are seeing is that the bold rendering by Chrome is very light, but you can clearly see the Reason string change, and you can see that once it changes, it matches the weight of the "Will you be attending" string.

We agree that Chrome's rendering of the bold sting is unexpectedly light, but there's nothing we can do about that - we're setting bolding via CSS and there is no other way to set bolding.

Comment

Wow, now I can see it, on the MAC retina display. I couldn't see it on the external (2K) monitor.

Comment

Working...
            X