Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

BatchUploader error message for handleMaxPostSizeExceeded() or more general transport errors

Hi Isomorphic,

I use BatchUploader in retain-mode and have the following problem:
    Application server post-size is not big enough to handle "Commit" (not "Upload") click.
    Locally, in Chrome F12 tools I get this response:
    Code:
    <HTML><BODY><SCRIPT>parent.isc.RPCManager.handleMaxPostSizeExceeded(window.name);</SCRIPT></BODY></HTML>
    In your Showcase sample (v12.0p_2019-06-29), where I copied all the data rows in the sample's CSV file until I had a 4068 lines long file, the "Upload" is working as well and for "Commit" I get
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>502 Bad Gateway</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Bad Gateway</h1>
    <p>The proxy server received an invalid
    response from an upstream server.<br />
    </p>
    </body></html>
    in Chrome F12 tools.

In both cases the BatchUploader leaves all records in the grid and returns a Window with "Valid records added; some records remain in error". While this is OK and expected for "normal" BatchUploader operations with some errors, in these cases some other error message, that does not lead to the end user thinking there is something wrong with his or her file, would be more appropriate IMHO.

If I do the same in your sample with again a 4068 lines long file but without any validation error in prevent-mode, I get the same "502 Bad Gateway" in the F12 tools, but the application shows a window with "Records added" and then destroys the grid after a click on OK, leading to the user thinking everything was in order. The issue is the same here, incorrectly showing of a Success-Window, when there was an HTTP error instead.

Best regards
    Blama

This is fixed and will be available for download in nightly builds since Aug 2 (tomorrow).

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see this is working as expected in the showcase. I'll test as well in our application where the problem is/was timeout related.

Thanks & Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X