X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• wwarriner
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion.

Let me try again:

the selectItem has a method setOptionDataSource that: "If set, this FormItem will derive data to show in the PickList by fetching records from the specified optionDataSource"

Id like to configure field selectItems in a FilterBuilder to do exactly that, but its not clear to me how to do this. Since the filter builder is driven by a XML datasource definition I'm guessing it could be part of the datasource XML field definition ( field properties); similar to a valueMap element that can be used to define a static pick list. If that's the case its not clear to me how to do this in datasource XML. If not Id appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Hope this clarifies and thanks

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    It’s not quite clear what you mean.

You can set fieldDataSource if fields are a dynamic set to be fetched from a DataSource.

You can have custom valueField properties if you want to use, for instance, a SelectItem with an optionDataSource for a dynamic criterion.value.

Leave a comment:

• Can filter builder option values be set from database table

SmartClient version v10.1p_2016-11-11/PowerEdition deployment ( built 2016-11-11)

Is it possible to set the option values ( value I want to filter on) for a given field in a filter builder from a database table. That is set the various fields options values from various datasources ?

Thanks
Working...
X